Messina Shore Excursion: Full Day City Tour Including Museum Of Ancient Weapons
OverviewExplore the coastal jewel in northeast Sicily on this 6-hour Messina city tour. Spin along the Ionian coast by air-conditioned bus as a guide sheds light on the regions colorful local myths and folklore. Take in top attractions including the Church of Montalto and the Sanctuary of Christ the King, and marvel at 12th-century Arab-Norman architecture at the Church of the Annunziata dei Catalani. Along the way, enjoy fine views over the UNESCOlisted Cape of Peloro where traditional fishing boats sit in the pretty harbor. At the end of the tour you will also have the possibility to visit the Museum of Ancient and Rare Weapons.
- All entrance fees included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourHop aboard your air-conditioned coach at the port terminal or Messinas Cathedral Square. Then, travel in comfort through the historical streets as your guide brings this coastal port's past to life.
Admire Messina Cathedrals bell tower, home to the world's largest astronomical clock; and visit the Church of the Annunziata dei Catalani (Church of the Catalans), an extraordinary example of 12th-century Arab-Norman architecture. Continue to the Church of Montalto and the Sanctuary of Christ the King, and listen as your guide sheds light on the regions colorful myth and folklore.
Sample some typical Sicilian delicacies and, with your guide, take the opportunity to explorethe Museum of Ancient and Rare Weapons, a private collection of military weapons and artefacts from Europe, North America, and Islamic countries from between1400 and 1940.
Stroll around the interesting antique weapon displays, considered some of the worlds richest, and view cannon, rifles, and swords as you learn about their history and state of conservation.
During your tour, follow the winding roads along the Ionian coast and gaze out over the UNESCOlisted Cape of Peloro, where traditional fishing boats bob on the calm waters.
Afterward, return to your original departure point where your tour comes to an end.
Inclusions for Messina Shore Excursion: Full Day City Tour Including Museum Of Ancient Weapons
- Live commentary on board
- Local professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
- Tasting of typical Sicilian products.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Messina Shore Excursion: Full Day City Tour Including Museum Of Ancient Weapons
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible.
Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
Personal food and drink allowed
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Messina Winery and Beach Tour
- Alcantara Gorges Tour from Messina
- The Godfather and Taormina Tour from Messina
- Reggio Calabria, Scilla and the Riace Bronzes
- The Godfather Movie Tour from Messina
- Messina Shore Excursion: Full Day Taormina and Castelmola Tour
- Private Tour to Taormina and Castelmola from Messina