OverviewTravel by air-conditioned bus with a maximum group of 30 passengers for this opportunity to discover and visit Taormina (32 miles (52 km) away from Messina) with its Greek Theater, Corso Umberto, and its exclusive shops and famous bars. You will admire the wonderful landscape and Isola Bella, a nature riserve-Unesco Heritage.Â The tour also includes a short visit to the picturesque village of Castelmola.
- Led by a local guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from Messina cruise port or the nearby tourist information point, travel by air-conditioned coach to Castelmola, a picturesque village situated just above Taormina.
Hop out here to enjoy the beautiful setting and wonderful outlook over the magnificent bay of Giardini-Naxos and Mt Etna rising in the distance.
Continue into Taormina and see the 19th-century Porta Messina gateway before a guided walk along the Corso Umberto, once part of the ancient Roman street of Via Valeria. Stroll along this pretty, traffic-free street and enjoy a guided look at the town’s oldest churches and monuments, as well the most exclusive shops and restaurants.
Taste some typical Sicilian specialities and sweets at pastry and ice cream shops, and visit Taormina’s Greco-Roman theater, the second-largest of its kind in Sicily, built by the Greeks in the 3rd century BC.
On return to Messina, stop to explore the highlights of this historical port. Delve into the heart of the old city, and visit Cathedral Square (Duomo) to see Messina Cathedral, home to the world’s biggest astronomical clock.
View the Church of the Catalans, an extraordinary example of 12th- and 13th-century Arab-Norman art, and visit the panoramic terrace between the Shrine of Christ the King and the Sanctuary of Montalto for spectacular views over the Strait of Messina.
Your tour finishes at the original starting point.
Inclusions for Messina Shore Excursion: Full Day Taormina And Castelmola Tour
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- Entrance fees
- Port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Messina Shore Excursion: Full Day Taormina And Castelmola Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
May be operated by a multilingual guide
Not wheelchair accessible
Personal food and drinks allowed.
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.