Messina Shore Excursion: Messina City Tour With Regional Museum Visit
OverviewExplore the coastal jewel in northeast Sicily on this 6-hour Messina city tour. Spin along the Ionian coast by air-conditioned coach, along with a maximum group size of 30 passengers, as a guide sheds light on the regions colorful local myths and folklore. Take in top attractions including the Church of Montalto and the Sanctuary of Christ the King, and marvel at 12th-century Arab-Norman architecture at the Church of the Annunziata dei Catalani. Along the way, enjoy fine views over the UNESCOlisted Cape of Peloro where traditional fishing boats sit in the pretty harbor. There is also included a stop to the Regional Museum of Messina, where you can visit rare and unique works of art and you can learn about the history and the culture of our city.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourHop aboard your air-conditioned coach in Messinas Cathedral Square or at the port terminal, then travel in comfort through the streets as your guide brings this coastal citys history to life.
Admire the striking bell tower, home to the world's largest astronomical clock, and visit the Church of the Annunziata dei Catalani a fine example of 12th-century Arab-Norman architecture.
Continue on to the Church of Montalto and the Sanctuary of Christ the King, and listen as your guide sheds light on the regions colorful local myth and folklore.
During your tour, explore winding roads along the Ionian coast and gaze out over the UNESCOlisted Cape of Peloro, where traditional fishing boats bob on the calm waters. Afterward, return to your original departure point where your tour will come to an end. During your visit there is included also a stop at the Regional Museum of Messina.The foundation of the museum dates back to 1806. Has thirteen rooms that surround a courtyard where are placed the various architectural fragments and ancient structures from the churches and palaces of the city of Messina damaged during the earthquake of 1908. There are also preserved works of art of extraordinary prestige as the Polittico di San Gregorio, painted by Antonello da Messina in 1473. The Madonna col Bambino benedicente e un francescano in adorazione, thaton the verse has a Cristo in Piet and the Ritratto del Trivulzio, the third extraordinary work by the artist from Messina, purchased in the year 2016. You can also find two of the most important works by Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio, realised in the same city of Messina during his staying: La Resurrezione di Lazzaro (1609) and Adorazione dei pastori painted in the same year.
Inclusions for Messina Shore Excursion: Messina City Tour With Regional Museum Visit
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entrance ticket to the Regional Museum of Messina
Exclusions for Messina Shore Excursion: Messina City Tour With Regional Museum Visit
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible.
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Taormina Independent Tour from Messina Cruise Terminal
- Mt Etna and Taormina from port of Messina, Naxos-Taormina and Catania
- Transfer from Catania to Milazzo
- Messina: private walking tour with a local guide
- Taormina and Castelmola from Messina Small Group Tour
- Off-the-Beaten Track Messina: private tour with a guide
- Godfather Private Tour from Messina: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner
- Private tour from Messina to Etna Volcano with an option of Food and Wine tasting