Meteora - Day Trip By Train From Athens
OverviewImmerse yourself in some of Greece’s most spectacular scenery on a day trip to Meteora by train, the most fascinating way you could never imagine.
- Round-trip train fares
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tourCatch the train of 8:20 am to Kalambaka in the morning from the Athens Railway Station and enjoy a trip that will give you the chance to admire the beauty of the countryside. Arrive around 1:30 pm in Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks, and crowded by the Meteora Monasteries.
Arriving in Kalambaka, our English speaking driver will be waiting you holding a signboard with your name on it and will transfer you to the Meteora Monasteries. For three hours you will have the time to explore at least two or three Monasteries. Meteora is included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. The monasteries are perched on top of towers of sandstone, which for centuries provided totally inaccessible retreats for the monks.
Themost visited Monastery is the Holy Monastery of Great Meteoron, which is the largest of themonasterieslocated at Metora. It was erected in the mid-14th century and was the subject ofrestorationand embellishment projects in 1483 and 1552. The building serves as the mainmuseumfortourists. TheKatholikon(main church),consecratedin honour of the Transfiguration of Jesuswas erected in the middle of 14th century and 1387/88 and decorated in 1483 and 1552.
At the end of the day, our driver will transfer you back to Kalambaka, where you will have the time to scroll around and have a light lunch (not included). At 17:22 p.m. the train departs from Kalambaka, and arrives at 22:15 back to Athens.
Inclusions for Meteora - Day Trip By Train From Athens
- Rail tickets
- Round-trip transfers in Kalambaka
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Meteora - Day Trip By Train From Athens
- Entrance fees of the Monasteries
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infants (ages 3 and under) are free
To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Women should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
You will receive an e-mail with the train e-tickets a few days before the activity
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.