Meteora - Delphi - Olympia - Argolida 5 Days Private Tour - Athens
OverviewMeteora - Delphi - Olympia - Argolida 5 Days Private Tour - Duration 5 Days Top Visits Corinth Canal Ancient Corinth Mycenae The picturesque town of Nafplio Bourzti Epidaurus Ancient Olympia Archeological Museum Olympia Rio Antirio Bridge Arachova Village of Delphi The Oracle of Delphi Museum of Delphi Sanctuary Athena Pronea Gymnasium The Monasteries of Meteora Kalabaka Village Thermopylaes Battlefield Leonidas statue
Know More about this tour
The trip will start with a drive towards to Meteora, On our way we will make a stop at Thermopylae, the actual battlefield where in 480 BCE, the 300 Spartans and their King Leonidas heroically faced the Persian army. Reaching Meteora we will visit the monasteries and take a closer look at the holy rocks. On the rocks that are like suspended in the air there is one of the largest and most important complexes of Eastern Orthodox Monasteries still in use.Overnight at Kalabaka.
The day next we will follow the road through the country side to reach the village of Delphi, an ancient Greek sanctuary with a PanHellenic character dedicated to God Apollo. It functioned as an Oracle and was considered the naval the center of the world and is today a symbol of Greek cultural unity. After the site we will have our lunch,we will stop at point known for its great view, you will see the Corinthian Sea, the port of Itea and the valley full of olive trees (olive sea).Overnight at Delphi
3rd Day:The following day we will drive from Arachova to Ancient Olympia located exactly at the sacred land that gave birth to the Olympic Games, the village is offered for a relaxing walk and of course for a traditional Greek meal. After your lunch we will head towards the site and the museum of Ancient Olympia. You will have the privilege of coming across one of the largest sites in Greece, the birthplace of the Olympic Games the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus.The museum is also unique as it includes the renowned statue Hermes of Praxiteles with its perfect analogies and tools that belonged to Phidias himself.Overnight at Olympia
The tour continues driving towards Mycenae, findings that date back to the 2nd millennium BCE representing the era of Achilles, Agamemnon and Helen of Troy. In the site you will see, the renowned Lions Gate, the cyclopean walls, the burial circle A and the remains of Agamemnons Palace. Just a few minutes away from is located the city of Nafplio where we will spend the rest of the day that will bring us to a more recent part of Greek history.Considered as the most scenic city, it functioned as the capital of Greece until 1834. It offers you a outstanding combination of fortresses and castle.Overnight at Nafplio
For our last day we will depart from Nafplio towards Epidaurus one of the most important ancient Greek sanctuaries dedicated to god Asclepius, the god of healing and medicine, located in peaceful environment spread on a hilly area reaching its highest point which is the theater of Epidaurus. Last stop before we return will be Ancient Corinth located in the province of Corinthia,just by the Corinth Canal. After the site we will have a traditional Greek lunch with a sea view and will then make our way back to Athens.
Inclusions for Meteora - Delphi - Olympia - Argolida 5 Days Private Tour
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Driver/guide(The drivers are not a licensed to accompany you on your walk to the top of the Acropolis or inside any other site or museum. If you require a licensed guide to tour the sites with you, you need to hire one additionally. If you have any questions you can contact us on the phone number provided by Viator)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Meteora - Delphi - Olympia - Argolida 5 Days Private Tour
- Accommodation (If you need our help we work with some of the best hotels in each area, we only need to know the number of the rooms)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Athenian Metro, connect the dots, Discover the City Under the City
- Athens Sunrise Cruise
- Athens Airport Shuttle Service to or from Athens Center
- Underground Athens by Athens Underground: Sections Through Soil and History plus Kerameikos
- Small-Group Cultural Nemea Day Trip including Lunch and Wine Tasting
- Electric Bike Parnitha Mtn Tour - Athens National Park
- Self Guided Electric Bike Athens Tour - The Alternative Picture of the City
- Electric Bike Athens Tour - The Alternative Picture of the City