Meteora Hike With Transport From Kalambaka - Polichni
OverviewExplore Meteora on a gentle-paced hike, and discover the little-known trails that many day-trippers to the UNESCO World Heritage site dont get to see. On a round-trip route from the Doupiani rock to the heady heights of Grand Meteora Monastery, pass some of the smaller rock monasteries such as Ypapanti and learn about Meteoras intriguing rock formations and history. Hotel pickup and drop-off from Kalambaka is included.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourStart your experience with a hotel pickup by air-conditioned minivan, and travel the short distance to Meteora, a UNESCO-listed area known for its cliff monasteries, caves and ethereal rocky landscape.
On arrival, hop out of your minivan, and follow your guide on a leisurely hike along the trails that only the locals know. While tracing the footsteps of the first hermits and monks who lived in Meteora many centuries ago, chat with your guide and hear little-known stories about the areas history, geology and sights.
Make your way along a gently climbing route from the Doupiani rock, just below the old ruins of the Pantokrator monastery. Amble around the imposing pillars of Meteora toward the northern side of the rocks and stumble upon the rarely visited monasteries of Ypapanti and St Dimitrios two hidden Meteora gems.
As you listen to tales of bygone battles between the Ottoman Turks and locals, gaze further up the hill to see the Grand Meteora and Moni Varlaam monasteries, clinging to the cliffs. Visit one of these impressive monasteries with your guide (own expense) before hiking back to your Meteora start point.
At the Doupiani rock, reboard your minivan and finish the experience with a drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Meteora Hike With Transport From Kalambaka
- Hotel pickup and drop-off to/from Kalambaka or Kastraki
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local English speaking mountain guide
- Bottled water
- local snacks
- Visit the hidden monastery of Ypapanti
Exclusions for Meteora Hike With Transport From Kalambaka
- Entrance fees (approx. 3 euros each)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Please bring comfortable and appropriate hiking shoes
This tour requires customers to be physically fit
The monasteries have a strict dress code: men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts, trousers and skirts will be provided.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.