Metropolitan Museum Of Art Tour With Skip-the-line Access - New York City
OverviewOne of the worlds greatest art museums, the Metropolitan Museum of Art aka the Met is so vast you could easily spend days inside. This 2- or 3-hour tour cuts to the chase, taking you straight to the collections highlights for an in-depth look. A knowledgeable guide introduces you to a broad spectrum of art, jewelry, ancient relics and architecture on this small-group tour, limited to 15 people. Booking this tour allows you to skip the entrance line, and from May to October, you'll also visit the rooftop garden for views over Central Park.
- All entrance fees included
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Skip the line
Know More about this tourThe immensity of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's collection, with works spanning six continents and more than 6,000 years, is what makes the museum such a world-famous attraction but can also overwhelm visitors. With this tour, however, you'll leave the careful planning to your guide.
All you have to do is show up, meet your guide in the main lobby, and prepare to see a vast range of art, sculpture, jewels, artifacts and architecture. Select either a 2- or 3-hour tour that will have you traversing the globe without leaving Central Park. Your pre-booked ticket also ensures you wont waste time standing in line.
See the Itinerary below for details about each option.
Inclusions for Metropolitan Museum Of Art Tour With Skip-the-line Access
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Skip-the-line entry
Exclusions for Metropolitan Museum Of Art Tour With Skip-the-line Access
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Itinerary:2-Hour Express Tour:Start the tour in Ancient Egypt where very well preserved tombs and caskets are on display. Gawk at the dioramas that reveal what life was like the time of Tutankhamen. Also, learn about various burial rituals and see the amazing mummies.
And don’t skip the Temple of Dendur, an ancient Egyptian temple. Get the interesting history on the temple from your guide and learn about its connection to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
Leave Egypt and wander the museum looking at the priceless historical artifacts, such as the armor of King Henry VIII and the Antioch Chalice, which some historians and history buffs claim to be the actual Holy Grail. After looking at ancient Greek and Roman statues, head up to the second floor to look at 19th-century paintings. Specifically, marvel at the works of Vincent van Gogh, Claude Monet’s Water Lillies and Auguste Rodin’s famed sculpture, The Thinker.
When you’ve absorbed enough Expressionism, head up to the rooftop garden to take in the views of Central Park and the Manhattan skyline. The tour ends here but you’re welcome to stay on the roof for as long as you like. Indulge in a snack or sip a beverage (at your own expense).
3-Hour Extended Tour:After covering the same territory as the 2-hour itinerary, leave the rooftop garden and head back into the museum with your guide. Indulge yourself in the Dutch, specifically the Golden Age of Dutch painting. Peruse paintings by masters such as Vermeer and Rembrandt, and then head through the collections by Italian and Spanish painters. Marvel at works by El Greco and then take in Jacques-Louis David’s famous The Death of Socrates.
A little scandal is up next as your guide gives you the inside story about John Singer Sargent’s infamous Madame X. You’ll then be dwarfed by the immense Washington Crossing the Delaware, one of the most recognized paintings in the US.
Linger at artworks that capture your imagination, and enjoy plenty of time to interact with your guide and ask any questions.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Some pieces of art may not be accessible depending on the rotation of exhibits
Rooftop garden is only accessible May through October, weather permitting
No flash photography or selfie sticks are permitted
Museum is wheelchair accessible; if you cannot access the front entrance via the stairs, there is a ground-level entrance one block south (81st Street and 5th Avenue); the desk there will give you temporary pass and allow you to take the elevator to meet your group in the main lobby
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The Rise and Fall of the American Mafia Walking Tour
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Gourmet Brunch with Direct View on 6th Ave
- Hudson Valley Brewery Tour & Walkway over the Hudson
- 1920s Sunset Cocktail Cruise
- 1920s-Style 1-Hour Harbor Sightseeing Cruise
- Harlem Easter Weekend Gospel Celebration
- Sightseeing Cruise on Boutique Yacht
- Half-Day NY See It All Tour