OverviewTake a 3-hour tour of the food and shopping scenes in beautiful Playa del Carmen. An expert local guide whisks you away from the touristy parts of this beach town for a visit on foot and by car to the spots where locals eat, hang out and shop. Get adventurous and try some local delicacies, such as tacos stuffed with grasshoppers or maguey worms, or stick with the tried-and-true carnitas and tamales. Partake in a tequila tasting. And then, at the conclusion of the tour, check out the citys shopping venues for local fashions and souvenirs.
Know More about this tourMeet your expert local guide in downtown Playa del Carmen and get whisked off to a non-touristy part of town to begin the eating and shopping extravaganza. Chat with the colorful owners and chefs of taquerias and restaurants as servers set out local delicacies in front of you. Are you an adventurous eater? If so, indulge in an exotic taco filled with crunchy grasshoppers (if in season) or surprisingly tasty escamoles (that would be ant eggs). For those who are not culinary daredevils, snack on favorites like cochinita pibil, a slow-roasted pork dish that is native to the region and is said to date as far back as Mayan times; pozole, a spicy hominy-filled, pork-spiked soup, often eaten by Mexicans as a hangover cure; and tamales Oaxaqueños, steamed masa wrapped in banana leaves.
After filling up on excellent local fare, it’s tequila time. Drink a sampling of Mexico’s favorite spirit at a local tequileria while learning the interesting history of tequila from your guide. If the spirit moves you, so to speak, feel free to shop for bottles to take home — there are over 200 varieties for sale. Tour participants even get a discount.
For the third and final leg of the 3-hour tour, you’ll be taken in a comfortable, air-conditioned van to 5ta Avenida, also known as Fifth Avenue, the city’s main shopping street, for some serious shopping. Browse local fashions and pick up a souvenir or two to remind you of your fun evening. The tour ends here, so you can take as much time as you like.
Inclusions for Mexican Street Food Crawl In Playa Del Carmen
- Professional guide
- Transportation (by taxi)
- Food tasting
- Beverages (water, sodas, and traditional fresh fruit juices)
- Tequila tasting
- Special discount for purchases at tequila shop
Exclusions for Mexican Street Food Crawl In Playa Del Carmen
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum age is 11 years
Minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and bring cash for shopping
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Chichen Itza And Valladolid
- Contoy And Isla Mujeres
- Coba And Mayan Encounter
- Tulum - Coba - Playa Paraiso
- TEMAZCAL - UNIQUE MAYAN RITAUL
- Xcaret Park Admission Ticket
- CoCo Bongo Playa Del Carmen Nightclub With Optional VIP Pass
- Sian Ka'an And Muyil Ruins Tour From Tulum And Playa Del Carmen
- Private Crocodile Tour From The Riviera Maya
- Private Luxury Boat Tour