Mexico City Food Walking Tour: Tamales, Tacos And Quesadillas
OverviewLearn about Mexicos rich culinary traditions from an experienced guide who shows you the best of Mexico Citys cuisine. Youll stop in a variety of taquerias and restaurants to taste tamales, tacos, indigenous dishes and regional specialties. A tantalizing array of delicious eats awaits you in both modest taquerias and fine restaurants. This small-group tour ensures that you'll receive personalized attention as you taste the cuisine of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- All entrance fees included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in the late morning at Hostal Amigo, a downtown Mexico City spot where you kick off the food festivities with a delicious pozole tasting. Once all the members of your small group arrive, follow your guide through the bustling streets for delicious tacos and quesadillas. Vegetarians can order quesadillas prepared with squash blossom and huitlacoche (a smoky-flavored delicacy often called corn smut); meanwhile meat eaters can select beef or pork tacos made from a huge variety of juicy cuts and seasonings. Try the famous al pastor tacos found at the highly recommended Taqueria El Huequito before biting into tacos made with cochinita pibil, a slow-roasted pork recipe that dates back to the ancient Maya on the Yucatan peninsula.
Make aquick stop at San Juan Market to taste somepre-Hispanic dishes made with exotic (and nutritious!) ingredients such as grasshoppers and other insects. These foods were important in the diet of ancient Mexico and are now delicacies served in the finest restaurants. Sample some of these unusual treats, or enjoy items made with quintessential ingredients such as corn, squash, chili, tomatoes, beans, avocado and chocolate.
Finish the tour at El Moro to enjoy some delicious chocolate and buuelos. At the end of the 4-hour tour you can stay at the restaurant and soak up the festive atmosphere or your guide can walk you back to the starting point.
Inclusions for Mexico City Food Walking Tour: Tamales, Tacos And Quesadillas
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Food tatsting
Exclusions for Mexico City Food Walking Tour: Tamales, Tacos And Quesadillas
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mexico City Food and Local Markets Walking Tour
- Architectural Bike Tour of Mexico City Downtown
- Mexico City Unlimited Attraction Pass Including Teotihuacan, Xochimilco and Anthropology Museum
- Mexico City Sightseeing Tour with Anthropology Museum and Behind-the-Scenes at Bellas Artes
- Private Tour: Teotihuacan and Guadalupe Shrine
- Mexico City Attraction Flexi Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Tour