OverviewUno dos tres cuatro cinco! Join this Mexico City tour to see five of Mexico's best street markets. Whether you're in the market for a magic love potion, voodoo dolls, hot tamales, pretty piatas, or exotic flowers, these markets have all bases covered.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free snacks included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourAt 8:45am, meet your guide and your small group of 12 or fewer at the Museo Mexicano del Diseño in Mexico City. Set off for an insider's look at some of the Mexican capital's best markets just like a local, by taking a ride on the subway.
Your first stop is a market some locals might not even know. Hear about the market’s unique history from the early 20th century, its connection to Mexican artists Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, and its context within modern Mexican society. Hop back on public transport and visit the bizarre witchcraft market, where you can purchase a superhero costume, a festive piñata, a voodoo doll, a hangover remedy, or any number of magic potions.
Walk a few blocks to a "3-in-1" market that features flowers, prepared food, and fresh produce. This is Mexico City's biggest flower market, where local vendors will sell you exotic flowers that exactly match the color of your eyes. As you wander through the market, sample a cup of pineapple tepache, tamales, Mexican barbecue, fruit cocktail, and exotic mixed juices.
Your last stop is at a local patio for more food samples, ensuring you finish the 5-hour tour with a panza llena, corazon contento — a “full tummy and happy heart.” The tour concludes around 1pm, back at the Museo Mexicano del Diseño.
Inclusions for Mexico City Markets And Food Tour
- Bilingual local guide
- Public transportation
- Samples of local food
Exclusions for Mexico City Markets And Food Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Small group of a maximum of 12 people
We recommend dressing conservatively as we will be visiting non-touristy areas. Long trousers or jeans and a t-shirt is recommended. Leave your valuables, such as passports and credit cards, in the hotel and bring a small amount of spending cash. Only small cameras are allowed and during the rainy season (May to September) we recommend bringing a raincoat or umbrella
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Private Arrival Transfer: Mexico City Airport To Hotel
- Museo Del Tequila Y El Mezcal Admission Ticket With Mayahuel Tour
- Mexico City Sightseeing Tour
- Mexico City Bike And Gastronomy Tour
- Coyoacan And Xochimilco Including Frida Kahlo Museum
- Mexico City Gastronomic Tour
- Private Combo Tour: Xochimilco, Coyoacán And Frida Kahlo Museum
- San Angel Mexican Food Tour
- Essential Mexico City Customized Full-Day Private Guided Tour
- Cuernavaca And Taxco Tour With Lunch