OverviewThis full-day tour of Mexico Citys markets and Teotihuacn gives you special insight into history and local cultures. An in-the-know guide whisks your small group, limited to 12, around the city to five popular and hidden-gem markets, and treats you to delights like tostadas and cactus candy. Visit the UNESCO-listed Teotihuacn and climb to the top of the Sun Pyramid. Meet the residents of a small town and learn about their sustainable businesses, and wrap up the day with a dinner made just for you at a family home.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your small group at Museo Mexicano del Diseño and kick off your full-day tour with visits to five of Mexico City’s street markets. Your guide takes you to an artisan market yet undiscovered by hordes of visitors. Then, on to a ‘witch market,’ before exploring a three-in-one market bursting with fresh produce, prepared foods and the largest flower selections in the city. Along the way, sample treats like tamales, tostadas, tacos, corn from the cob cooked in a kettle, and unique drinks.
Next, your guide accompanies you on a public bus to the Teotihuacán pyramids, an archaeological zone and UNESCO site just north of Mexico City. Also known as the City of the Gods, Teotihuacán was constructed around 300 BC and was mysteriously abandoned centuries before the Aztecs arrived.
Begin a guided tour at the Moon Pyramid, walk through the Calzada de los Muertos (Dead Pass) and reach the Sun Pyramid, the tallest one in the area. Climb 207 feet (63 meters), and at the top, sip a sacred Aztec drink (own expense) while soaking up panoramas of the ancient city. Enjoy some free time to explore on your own before regrouping with your guide.
Head to a small town just outside of Mexico City and meet with local families. Hear about their sustainable businesses, such as preparing delicious liquors and jams out of cactus.
After a day of sightseeing, enjoy a delicious home-cooked meal and good conversation at a family home. Head back to Mexico City with a full and satisfied stomach, and arrive at night at your original departure point, where your tour ends.
Please note: Some of the places visited are local houses and businesses, which have irregular hours, so your itinerary may vary slightly. As these areas are not frequented by tourists, please dress conservatively.
Inclusions for Mexico City Tour Of Local Markets And Teotihuacán
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees to museum and Teotihuacan
- Food tasting
- Dinner at local family's home
- Public transportation during tour
Exclusions for Mexico City Tour Of Local Markets And Teotihuacán
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 6 years
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
It is recommended that you bring a camera and cash if you wish to buy souvenirs
Note: As you will be visiting non-touristy areas it is recommended that you wear long trousers or jeans and a t-shirt
During the rainy season (May to September), please bring a raincoat or umbrella
Small-group tour limited to 12 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Private Arrival Transfer: Mexico City Airport To Hotel
- Museo Del Tequila Y El Mezcal Admission Ticket With Mayahuel Tour
- Mexico City Sightseeing Tour
- Mexico City Bike And Gastronomy Tour
- Coyoacan And Xochimilco Including Frida Kahlo Museum
- Mexico City Gastronomic Tour
- Private Combo Tour: Xochimilco, Coyoacán And Frida Kahlo Museum
- Teotihuacan Archaeology Tour
- San Angel Mexican Food Tour
- Teotihuacan Pyramids And Basilica Of Guadalupe