Michelangelo's David Tour - Florence
OverviewThe most iconic artwork in history comes to life on this small-group tour focused on the David and its enigmatic artist. From the history of the very stone the David was carved from, to the commissioning of the artwork through to its original placement and the creation of the museum where it now stands, this is a tour like no other. Led by Florence’s greatest guides, this tour also includes an introduction to other works by Michelangelo and fascinating information about the master artist himself. Pre-reserved museum entry is included.
- Skip the line
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourMeet your expert tour guide at our office in central Florence. From here you will walk with your small group to the Accademia to learn about what is arguably the greatest artwork ever created, the majestic and mysterious David. On the only tour entirely dedicated to this masterpiece, discover the peculiar history behind the statue, its stone and its artist, how the figure of the David was chosen, and why Michelangelos statue held such importance to the Florentines and their city, the epicentre of the Renaissance. Discover the debate about where to place the statue and how this influenced the figures formation.
Much debate has been raised about the moment in which David is depicted. Hear the theories and draw your own conclusions on the pensive young man portrayed.Equally mysterious is the artist behind the Davids creation.
Learn about the Michelangelos peculiarities and dichotomies. Find out about the Medicis involvement in Michelangelos development and the artists relationship with other famous artists of the time.
This small-group Accademia tour also includes an introduction to Michelangelos other works housed inside the Accademia that provide great insight into how this master artist worked, bringing forth seemingly-incarnate figures from hardened stone.
With pre-reserved Accademia tickets included for the fastest possible entry to the museum with Florences best guides, this is the perfect way to see (and understand) Michelangelos David.
Inclusions for Michelangelo's David Tour
- Entrance fees
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Michelangelo's David Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport (or other photo ID) is required on the day of travel for all persons aged 17 years and under
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Renaissance Florence Walking Tour
- Private Tour: Florence Shopping Tour to Gucci and Prada Outlet
- Viator Exclusive: Early Access to the Accademia Gallery in Florence with Breakfast
- Florence Cheese and Wine Tasting
- Cooking Lesson: From The Market To The Table in Florence
- Florence Walking Tour: Oltrarno Art and Crafts