Midnight Sun Golden Circle Tour From Reykjavik
OverviewExperience Iceland's nature, geology and history on this 7.5-hour night tour of the Golden Circle. Visit exceptional sights including Thingvellir National Park, Geysir geothermal area and Gullfoss waterfall. This group tour includes hotel pickup from Reykjavk hotels and operates with a maximum 20 people with up to 6 passengers per vehicle.
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourBegin your Golden Circle night tour with pickup from your centrally located Reykjavik hotel around 6:30pm. Embark on your midnight adventure in a modified 4X4 Land Rover Defender equipped with 40 inch wheels, luxurious leather seats, air conditioning, Wifi, GPS and security equipment.
Your first stop will be Thingvellir National Park where the Icelandic parliament was founded over 1000 years ago. At Thingvellir you will see how the earth is ever so slowly pulling apart along the North-America and Eurasian tectonic plates and you will be able to stand where the Viking settlers stood centuries ago to edict national laws. Next, visit the Geysir Hot Springs in Haukadalur. See geysers, hot springs, steam vents and eerie blue algae in this geothermal location. Strokkur is one of the largest and most powerful geysers and erupts almost every 5 minutes.
The next stop in the Golden Circle tour is Gullfoss waterfall, which many consider to be the queen of Icelandic waterfalls. Watch the high and mighty waterfall as it drops dramatically into a deep gorge. Next, take the Superjeep vehicles off road. Ride across glaciers and highlands, splashing through rivers and the rough terrain. Enjoy the landscape from your 4x4 vehicle while occasionally stopping next to incredible sights to take in the view.
After your exhilarating off-road ride, visit Faxi, a small but beautiful waterfall before heading back to Reykjavik. The entire tour duration is 7-8 hours including transportation time. The itinerary may be reversed to escape the crowds. You will be transferred back to your Reykjavk hotel around 1am at the conclusion of the tour.
Inclusions for Midnight Sun Golden Circle Tour From Reykjavik
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
Exclusions for Midnight Sun Golden Circle Tour From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum of 2 passengers on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Minimum of 4 passengers on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
A maximum of 6 passengers per Superjeep (vehicle)
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Day Trip to the Glacier Lagoon: Jkulsrln with Boat Tour from Reykjavik
- Gulfoss and Geysir Express Half-Day Trip from Reykjavik
- Sea-Fishing Tour from Reykjavik
- Extended Golden Circle Tour from Reykjavik
- Golden Circle Day Trip Including Touch-Screen Multi-Language Audio Guide from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to Iceland's Beautiful South Coast from Reykjavik