Milan Art Tour: Da Vinci's 'The Last Supper' And The Church Of San Maurizio Al Monastero Maggiore
OverviewDiscover some of Milan’s greatest artistic treasures on this 2-hour walking tour. Enjoy skip-the-line entrance to Leonardo da Vinci’s ‘The Last Supper,’ one of the world’s most famous art pieces, and admire the must-see interior of the Church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore. With an expert guide, discover Milan’s off-the-beaten-path sights, including Church of Santa Maria presso San Satiro and the controversial ‘L.O.V.E’ sculpture of a finger while listening to informative commentary. Three start times are available when booking.
- All entrance fees included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Skip the line
Know More about this tourSelect your preferred start time, and then meet your guide at a predetermined location either Piazza Santa Maria delle Grazie or Duomo Square for your 2-hour walking tour. Then, follow your guide through the heart of the city to discover some of its most astonishing hidden beauties, giving an insight into Milans rich artistic and architectural heritage.
Walk down Via Torino to the Church of Santa Maria presso San Satiro, a place of worship that lies on an ancient sacred site erected by the archbishop Anspertus in 879. An important pilgrimage site in the 13th and 14th centuries, it was later perfected by Bramante during the 15th and 16th centuries in a classic Renaissance architectural style.
Continue down Via Spadari and Via Cordusio to Piazza Affari and see the unique L.O.V.E sculpture by artist Maurizio Cattelan. Its no wonder this public art piece has caused such a controversy: its a giant middle finger in front of the Italian stock exchange building.
Head next to the Church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore, once part of Milans most important Benedictine convents and now used as an archaeological museum. This 16th-century church may seem inconspicuous on the outside, but walk inside and youll discover why its one of Milans must-see sights. Dubbed the 'Sistine Chapel of Milan, the church has an interior that boasts some of the most beautiful frescoes in the city, with many created by students and followers of Da Vinci.
Your last stop is the magnificent work by the master himself. Sure to be a highlight of your walking tour, Da Vincis world-famous The Last Supper mural painting is located in the refectory of the convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie. When you arrive here, bypass the entrance lines with your skip-the-line ticket and stand in awe of the wall-to-wall artwork that depicts the biblical scene of The Last Supper of Jesus with his disciples. Listen as your guide highlights the techniques Da Vinci used and explains the significance of this beautifully preserved piece.
After admiring the artwork, follow your guide back to the start point to end your tour.
Inclusions for Milan Art Tour: Da Vinci's 'The Last Supper' And The Church Of San Maurizio Al Monastero Maggiore
- Professional guide
- Skip-the-line admission to The Last Supper
- Headsets (used if there are more than six people on the tour)
Exclusions for Milan Art Tour: Da Vinci's 'The Last Supper' And The Church Of San Maurizio Al Monastero Maggiore
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.