Milford Sound Nature Cruise - Fiordland National Park
OverviewImmerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of Milford Sound during a boat cruise led by a naturalist guide. On board a smaller-sized vessel than typical Milford Sound cruises, enjoy indoor and outdoor observation decks that provide fantastic photo ops of this famous South Island natural wonder inside New Zealand's World Heritage–listed Fiordland National Park. Stay on the water longer than most other tours, and get close to the waterfalls and other natural features that give the sound its nickname, the Eighth Wonder of the World.
Know More about this tourStart your journey at the Milford Sound Visitor Centre, where your captain welcomes you aboard your boat. With a maximum capacity of just 75 people (less than half the capacity of the average Milford Sound cruise), your cruise provides the ease of traveling with a smaller group aboard a comfortable vessel equipped with large viewing windows, warm indoor seating and spacious outdoor decks.
Enjoy a cup of hot tea or coffee, and set off through the waterways of Milford Sound, which are lined by rugged mountains, snowy peaks and waterfalls that tumble from the cliffs, lacing the rock walls with frothy cascades. This renowned landscape is part of New Zealand's Fiordland National Park, which is part of the larger Te Wahipounamu, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Due to your boat’s smaller size and agility, your captain can get close enough to the cliffs to give you a taste of the pure glacier-fed waters of the waterfalls.
While your guide helps you spot marine life that can be spotted in the icy water, such as seals, bottlenose dolphins and Fiordland crested penguins, learn about the native animals found here and how the land formed from glaciers. Marvel at majestic mountains like Mitre Peak, which stands 5,550 feet (1,692 meters) tall.
At the end of the cruise, your captain returns you to the Visitor Centre.
Inclusions for Milford Sound Nature Cruise
- Live commentary on board by nature guide
- FREE Tea and coffee
- Picnic lunch (if option selected)
Exclusions for Milford Sound Nature Cruise
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise of your country of origin at the time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.