Enjoy a two hour cruise traversing the deep waters of Milford Sound, located in Fiordland. Your cruise will take you past St Anne’s lighthouse and out into the Tasman Sea. Informative guides point out scenic highlights along the way, such as the Bowen Falls (dropping 160 metres seaward), Sinbad Gully (a classic example of a hanging valley), snow-capped Mount Pembroke, and the awe-inspiring Mitre Peak itself, towering 1692 metres from the ocean floor.
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Know More about this tourYour 2-hour sightseeing cruise will depart from the Milford Sound Visitor Center.
Having a smaller launch (approximately 20 metres) allows your cruise to navigate closer to the shoreline, getting up close to the incredible surroundings. Purpose-built for Milford waters, your boat has great viewing platforms should you encounter the local fur seal colonies – once nearly hunted to extinction, the rare Fiordland crested penguins or pods of dusky dolphins.
You will traverse into the deep waters of the Milford Sound and will have a chance to enter Milford Sound from the outside, approaching it just as the first settlers did at the end of the 18th century.
With more rainfall than any other part of New Zealand, Fiordland National Park and Milford Sound provide spectacular scenery whatever the weather conditions.
Milford Sound is located at the northern most end of Fiordland National Park on the South Island of New Zealand.
Inclusions for Milford Sound Scenic Cruise
- Free tea and coffee on board
- Free for children under 4
- Smaller boats makes for a more ‘up close’ tour
- Sightseeing cruise
Exclusions for Milford Sound Scenic Cruise
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.