Military Tour Of Missile Force Base From Kiev
OverviewIntercontinental Ballistic Missile base of ICBM silo launcher Pervomaisk located in the territory of Odessa, Mykolaiv and Kirovograd districts, in the area of 7900 acres with permanent disposition in Pervomaisk in Mykolaiv region.Program of the tour:7:30am Meeting.7:30am Departure to Intercontinental Ballistic Missile base in Pervomaisk. Stop on way at cafe in Uman /220 km/.11:30am Arrival to ICBM Pervomaisk.11:30am-1:30pm Excursionbe the territory Museum. Upper territory of the Unified Launch Control Center.Optional.Visiting the 12-storey Command Post /down 33 meters by elevator/.1:30pm-2:00pm Free time for the souvenirs and camera photos.2:30pm Departure. Stop for the lunch. Visit to Arboretum Park SOFIEVKA in Uman (optional).6pm Arrival to Kiev.
- Led by a local guide
- Excellent value for money
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
ICBM base consisted of 9 groups of launching facilities equipped with intercontinental ballistic missiles: RS-18 - 40 pcs.,RS-22 46 pcs. In the housing estate there were 22 military units and subunits located; Barracks - 6 buildings for 2966 persons; Dining rooms - 2 per 1500 seats; Training corps - 2 insisting of 57 classrooms; Vehicle fleet - 79 buildings for 160 units of equipment; Warehouse facilities - 9 warehouses for 102 carriages. Support object. At this object there was a complex of special constructions and buildings located, where special movable aggregates and machinery designed to keep launch silo and command points readiness for action, to carry out different kind of maintenance, corrective action of missile munitions. Combat alert duty - basic activity of the ISBM Base staff. To carry on the combat alert duty there were duty shifts posted, which fulfilled monitory and control tasks with missile munitions at control posts, which were equipped with facilities of combat control and communications, with technical and technological systems. Solitary helicopter squadron (air-transport subdivision) was earmarked for support and restoration of army troops to combat effectively, for anti-sabotage and reconnaissance actions of enemy groups, for different kind of aerial reconnaissance, for casualty air evacuation, for solution of transport task in execution of emergency rehabilitation and search-and-rescue work, for transfer of military staff and supplies.
Since 1993 till 2001 in accordance with Complex Phase down and Liquidation programs of Missile complexes ICBM RS-18, RS-22 based on ICBM Pervomaisk liquidation works on launching silos, command posts and infrastructure of the base were held. Since 2002 it's a museum.
The high light of the trip is being a descent 33 meters down to the bottom of the Unified Launch Control Center:
- Take an underground corridor to the massive doors which lead to a self-contained silo-based 12-storey Command Post which could function sealed from the outside world for 45 days.
- Sit in the Command seat and experience what Soviet officers could feel during the Cold War and being in charge of nine missiles SS-22. You can touch the button that could cause a catastrophe if pressed 18 years ago. Look inside SS-18 'Satan' Intercontinental Ballistic Missile - equipped with up to 10 warheads and 40 penaids - it used to give Soviet Union "first strike" advantage over the U.S. - it's operating range 10,200-15,200 km, Weight 209,600 kg (462,000 lb) Length 32.2 m (106 ft) Diameter 3.05 m (10.0 ft).
Optionally at the end of the tour you can enjoy the Military Track Riding SA-13 "Gopher" (9K35 Strela-10) - 30 minutes in distance 5 km for the 1 or 2 persons.
Inclusions for Military Tour Of Missile Force Base From Kiev
- Private guided tour
- LocalProfessional guide
- 2-hours walking tour with English speaking guide by the territory of Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private car or minivan, minibus
Exclusions for Military Tour Of Missile Force Base From Kiev
- Entrance fee to the territory of the Museum 80 Uah (about US$ 3 per person )
- Admission cost and fee to be taken down by lift to the Launch Control Center 200Uah ( about US$ 8 per person)
- Military Track Riding SA-13 "Gopher" (9K35 Strela-10) with driver inctructor - 30 minutes in distance 5 km for the 1
or 2 persons 6000 Uah (about 230 US$ for 1-2 persons )
- Food and drinks
- Souvenirs and photos are available to purchase
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Explore the History of the Soviet time Missile Force Base and nowadays Ukraine
Another language speaking guide is on request. (subject for the pricing in extra payment)
Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.