Milonga Dance Lesson And Tango History Tour In Buenos Aires
OverviewWhen the music crackles on, flick your legs as you move with your partner in a steamy embrace. Learn the unique rhythms and pauses of milonga, a type of tango, in Confitera La Ideal, one of Buenos Aires most celebrated tango salons. With the help of a guide, learn the history of the passionate dance at Museo Mundial de Tango. End the tour on a sweet note with dessert at the citys oldest caf, brimming with Old World elegance, once frequented by the likes of Carlos Gardel and Jorge Lus Borges.
- Free drinks included
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Fully narrated tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourWe will meet our guide at 3:45pm at "Caf de los Angelitos", a beautiful bar with over 100 years of Buenos Aires history. Caf de los Angelitos bar is the place where Carlos Gardel used to go when he began his artistic career and where plenty of great exponents of the tango met each other. It recreates the twentieth century in a luxurious and elegant way and will amaze you with its elegant decoration and history. Let's snack in this stylish cafe and chose from the options below!
At 5:15pm, we are going to visit the Carlos Gardel Museum: the house where Carlos Gardel lived with his mother. He was a singer, songwriter, composer, actor and the most prominent figure in the history of tango. The house was in 1960s also a "tanguera" and it has been completely restored and nowadays exhibits the goods of cultural heritage and work of the singer. The faucet has been recovered from the kitchen and bathroom. It is a place to learn about different stages of their lives through their objects like photos, magazines, newspapers, musical instruments, records and furniture. In the courtyard we will find a table belonging to Caf de los Angelitos bar, where he used to go and we previously visited on the tour.
After visiting the Museum, we are going to take an incredible tango lesson (lasting an hour) in "La Catedral Club". Milongas such as La Catedral Club are typically Argentine cultural places where you can enjoy a unique experience. It's time for you to learn amazing dance steps along with expert dancers. Dare to live an unforgettable and truly "portea" night!
The tour ends at 7:30pm at the Milonga.
Drinks (choose one of the following):
- Hot Chocolate
- Orange juice
- 1 grilled cheese and ham sandwich
- 1 piece of cake
- 2 croissant
Inclusions for Milonga Dance Lesson And Tango History Tour In Buenos Aires
- Professional guide
- Milonga lesson
- Afternoon snack at classic Caf
Exclusions for Milonga Dance Lesson And Tango History Tour In Buenos Aires
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Closed-Door Restaurant in Buenos Aires: Dining Experience at Steaks by Luis
- 2-Day Buenos Aires Combo Trip: City Sightseeing Plus Gaucho Experience at Santa Susana Ranch
- Buenos Aires Architecture Bike Tour
- Buenos Aires Shore Excursion: Half-Day Tour to Tigre Delta
- Buenos Aires Behind the Scenes Soccer Stadium Tour
- Private Helicopter Tour in Buenos Aires