You'll be introduced to a variety of culinary highlights in the city as you sample dishes at the first Thai restaurant in Minnesota, drink regionally brewed craft beer along the oldest street inMinneapolis, and enjoy a local favoritecheese curds. Taste pasta at a eatery in the historical Chase building, sample homemade gelato, and nosh on savory European-style baked bread as your stroll through the farmers' market.
In addition to food tastings, you'll also visit the Mill City Museum, stroll bythe Guthrie, and admire views of St. AnthonyFalls as you cross the Mississippi River on the Stone Arch Bridge into historical St. Anthony onMain. Learn about the history of both these neighborhoods, and enjoy chatting with otherfood-loving participants. By the end of the tour, you'll have an appreciation for thesedistinct districts that some visitors never see.
Example tasting menu (subject to change):
- Unique mouth watering pasta with an amazing atmosphere
- You haven't been to Minnesota until you've tried the Cheese Curds!
- Dessert from a local chef Nominated for the James Beard award and featured on many baking TV shows
- Authentic fresh Thai spring roll from the first Thai restaurant in Minnesota
- Variety of Minnesota brewed craft beers (non-alcoholic tastings available)
- Delicious and most popular Thai dish, you better eat it all, you don't want to enrage the "God of Rice"
- Gelato that is sure to please your taste buds
- Gooey cheese-bread made from a local bakery
- Award winning coffee including local favorite Noreast Mud (only in private tours)