Missile Force Base Trip From KievWrite a Review
OverviewIntercontinental Ballistic Missile base of ICBM silo launcher Pervomaisk was located in the territory of Odessa, Mykolaiv and Kirovograd oblast (district), in the area of 3200 ha with permanent disposition in Pervomaisk in Mykolaiv region.
- Exclusive to Viator
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tour
Get an early start on the day with 7:30am pickup at your centrally-located hotel in Kiev, then travel to Pervomaisk in a car, minivan, or minibus (depending on group size). Break up the 4-hour trip with a breakfast stop in Uman (own expense).
Upon arrival in Pervomaisk, begin a 2-hour, guided tour of the Strategic Missile Forces Museum, where you’ll learn the story of the ICBM base, which once housed 22 military units and nine groups of launching facilities. A highlight of the tour for many visitors is riding an elevator 108 feet (33 meters) underground into a Unified Launch Control Center that housed nuclear missile operations until the site was decommissioned in the 1990s. You’ll also have the chance to sit in the command seat where Soviet officers controlled nine SS-22 missiles, and try pressing the (decommissioned) launch button.
After visiting the museum, you have 30 minutes of free time to shop for souvenirs and take photos of ICBM. At 2:30pm, begin the return trip to Kiev, with a stop for lunch in Uman (own expense). If desired, your group can make an additional stop at the Arboretum Sofiyivka, a research park with more than 2,000 varieties of trees and brush. This 10-hour tour concludes with drop-off at your hotel in Kiev.
Inclusions for Missile Force Base Trip From Kiev
- Private guided tour
- 2-hour museum tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation by private car, minivan, or minibus
- We sell for less!
Exclusions for Missile Force Base Trip From Kiev
- Entrance fee to the territory of the Museum 80 Uah(about 3 USd per person)
- Admission to the Launch Control Center 200Uah (about 8 USd per person)
- Food and drinks
- Souvenirs and photos are available to purchase
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Kiev Old Town Tour
- 3 Hour Kiev Walking Tour Of Podil District
- Private Tour Of The Museum Of Strategic Nuclear Missile Forces
- 4 Day Package In Kiev With Accommodation
- Kiev City Tour With A Private Guide
- Full-Day Trip To The Tunnel Of Love From Kiev
- Private Guided Tour Of Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra
- Kiev Easter Eggs Painting Workshop
- Jewish History Of Kiev Including Babi Yar Memorial Private Tour
- Private Tour: Yanukovych's Countryside Residence From Kiev