Modern Art Tour Of Istanbul: Istiklal Street, SALT Galata And Istanbul Modern Art Museum
OverviewGain insight into on-trend Turkish art on a 3.5-hour walking tour around Istanbul’s contemporary galleries as well as the Istanbul Museum of Modern Art. With an expert guide, passionate about modern Turkish art from the 19th century onward, explore popular galleries around Istiklal Street as well as avant-garde exhibitions around the burgeoning artistic neighborhoods of Tophane and Karaköy in Beyolu. Finish with a visit to the Istanbul Modern Art Museum to admire more of the city’s thought-provoking artwork.This tour operates with a maximum of 15 people, ensuring you’ll enjoy a small-group experience with your expert guide.
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAfter a pickup from your Istanbul hotel, meet your guide by the prestigious Galatasaray High School in the neighborhood of Galatasaray. Then, set off to discover the city’s modern Turkish art scene on your leisurely paced walking tour. Stroll down Istiklal Street, a pedestrianized avenue thronged with shisha cafes, Turkish tea houses and, most importantly, some of the city’s leading art institutions: Galeri Zilberman, SALT Galata, Borusan Contemporary and more.
Exhibitions at the popular galleries often change, so your guide will select the most interesting places to visit on the day. Learn of the evolution of Turkey’s art world from the 19th century to the present day, and hear of Abidin Dino, Ara Güler and other notable Turkish artists who have made names for themselves in recent years.
Having explored select Istiklal Street galleries, continue through the meandering streets of Beyolu to scout out artistic gems in the Tophane and Karaköy neighborhoods. Although away from the beaten tourist trail, Tophane is gaining attention with its pop art culture and quirky exhibitions that cover a range of media from video to print. Likewise, Karaköy is a boho paradise, and its contemporary galleries and vintage-inspired art shops are helping to stamp Istanbul firmly on the artistic map.
As with Istiklal Street, the 30 or so galleries in Tophane and Karaköy are constantly changing, so let your guide select a number of exciting places to visit on the day. Having seen some of the areas’ most interesting works, visit the Istanbul Modern Art Museum on the shores of the Bosphorus Strait.
Step inside to view the expansive selection of artwork with your guide. Focusing on the work of Turkish artists, the large museum is spread over two floors of a converted warehouse and boasts a range of temporary exhibitions as well as a cinema and arts library. Hear little-known facts about its standout features from your guide, and admire highlights such as the permanent art history exhibition. Your tour finishes inside the museum, and you can stay inside for longer, if you wish, to view the works at your own pace.
Inclusions for Modern Art Tour Of Istanbul: Istiklal Street, SALT Galata And Istanbul Modern Art Museum
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup
Exclusions for Modern Art Tour Of Istanbul: Istiklal Street, SALT Galata And Istanbul Modern Art Museum
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport Transfer by Private Mercedes Minivan
- Daily Bursa Tour from Istanbul
- Full-Day Edirne Tour From Istanbul
- Ephesus Tour From Istanbul
- Ephesus and Pamukkale Tour From Istanbul
- Daily Green Bursa Tour From Istanbul
- Istanbul Wi-Fi Access: On-the-Go Mobile Hotspot Device Rental
- Istanbul Wi-Fi Access and Digital Guide Tablet: On-the-Go Mobile Hotspot Device Rental