Modern Art Walking Tour: China Art Museum - Shanghai
OverviewIf you love modern art, take a 2-hour guided walking tour of the China Art Museum, housed in the former China Pavilion. Transformed into a world-class art museum since the 2010 Shanghai Expo, it showcases the worlds largest collection of Chinese modern art with exhibition space divided into 27 halls. A professional guide will take you through exhibits that feature the work of Chinese masters as well as international artists. Numbers are limited to 10 people, ensuring an intimate experience with a small group.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourMeet your expert guide at China Art Museum in the morning or afternoon. Embark on a walking tour through the China Art Museum, a world-class art museum on par with the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and Musee dOrsay in Paris. Learn about the pavilions transformation from the 2010 Shanghai Expo into a super-sized museum showcasing Chinese and international modern art.
Visit some of the 27 halls with your guide, where both permanent and touring art exhibits are on display. Congratulations from the World features 100 pieces on loan from seven international museums and galleries; you might catch the Whitney Museums modern American masters or Vermeer masterpieces from the Rijksmuseum of Amsterdam.
Youll find a variety of 21st-century Chinese art at Splendid China while Historical Shanghai Contexts and the 600 pieces in Shanghai Brightness trace the origins of Chinese modern art in the city. Head to the Masters Hall to see works from iconic 20th-century painters like Lin Fengmian, Guan Liang and Wu Guanzhong.
The multimedia re-creation of the classic scroll Ascending the River at Qingming Festival, which was the China Art Museums star attraction during the Expo, is on permanent display.
Inclusions for Modern Art Walking Tour: China Art Museum
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Modern Art Walking Tour: China Art Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Trip to Hangzhou by Fast Train from Shanghai
- Private Day Tour: Tongli Water Town from Shanghai including Lunch
- Private Day Tour: Nanxun Ancient Water Town from Shanghai
- Private VIP Class Huangpu River Cruise and Evening City Lights Tour
- 3-Hour Walking Tour: Old Town Morning With Authentic Shanghainese Breakfast
- A Half Day Trip To Zhujiajiao from Shanghai