Modern Baku Guided Tour
OverviewIn this tour, you will have a change to get to know modern parts of Baku and learn how the city and country have developed in the past few years to become "Dubai of Caucasus". Tour covers Seaside Boulevard, Mugham Center, Carpet Museum, "Venice of Baku", Flag Square, Crystal Hall, Flame Towers, Heydar Aliyev Center and Fountain Square.
Know More about this tourBaku embodies various architectural styles created and built at different periods. Homeland for people from different countries and cultures, its a mixture of Eastern and Western worlds.
Known as an oil country, its modern history is directly connected with the oil industry going as far as to the XIX century. At that time, the terms Inner City and Outside Cite appeared new parks, gardens were created, houses were built for oil workers and millionaires.
One of the parks which was created at the beginning of XX century at the shore of Caspian Sea is Baku National Boulevard. With its recent renovation, it has become one of the modern gems of the capital city. Along the boulevard, you will see and learn about beautifully-shaped, newly created cultural, business and entertainment venues such as International Mugham Center, Carpet Museum, Little Venice, Flag Square and Crystal Hall.
According to the main construction plan of the city, Baku was built in a shape of an amphitheater. At the top of this amphitheater locates the highest and the most illuminated buildings of Azerbaijan Flame Towers symbol of modern Baku.
Tour will continue in the direction of Heydar Aliyev Center, dedicated to former president of Azerbaijan and created by American-Iraqi architect Zaha Hadid who was famous for her strangely-shaped, exquisite buildings in all over the world. Trump Tower which is also located nearby has become a forsaken building after the president of the US ended his licensing contracts in Azerbaijan.
Last stop of the tour, nowadays known as Fountain Square, was one of the first ever parks created in Azerbaijan and was full of mansions of oil magnates.
Inclusions for Modern Baku Guided Tour
- Entrance fees to museums and landmarks
Local English speaking tour guide
0.5 Lt bottled water
Exclusions for Modern Baku Guided Tour
- Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off (can be requested as a special requirement)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Luxury Arrival Transfer Baku Heydar Aliyev International Airport to Baku City Hotels
- Luxury Departure Transfer Baku City Hotels to Baku Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- Baku Full-Day City and Historical Tour
- History Walking Tour of Old Baku
- Private Tour: 2 Day Baku Tour with World's Unique Crude Oil Spa