OverviewEnjoy this route that brings you to the discovery of the most extravagant Modernist buildings in Barcelona. Marvel at one of the most unique Barcelona buildings on this walking tour of the architecture of modernism, and make a journey through the life and work of its greatest exponent, Antoni Gaud. Be amazed with 'La Pedrera' and other examples of modernist houses . The tour will end in front of the temple of Barcelona and Gaudi's master work, 'La Sagrada Familia'. You'll be amazed at the monumental beauty and your guide will give you the keys to interpret its complex symbolism and the organic sense of the architecture of the Catalan genius.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAt 9am meet your guide in the center of Barcelona, then set out on your 2-hour architectural walking tour. Listen as your guide offers fascinating insights into Gaudí and his major works. Explore the work of this visionary modernist architect and learn the secrets of how he realized his goals. Understand how the mountains of Montserrat inspired him to build La Pedrera, and how he based his own art on the legend of Sant Jordi, patron of Catalonia.
Also explore other works and important buildings of modernist architects as you visit the Eixample, which was born in the mid-nineteenth century from the expansion of the city beyond it's medieval walls. Discover the ideals of the urban planner Ildefons Cerdà and his vision that each interior block should have had a garden.
Finally, marvel at Gaudí's masterpiece La Sagrada Familia (the Holy Family) and his boundless imagination in its representation the Old Testament. Learn about its complex symbolism and the controversy surrounding the interpretation of Josep Maria Subirachs, Gaudí's successor. Your tour concludes at La Sagrada Familia, offering the opportunity to independently explore further.
Inclusions for Modernism And Gaudí: Guided Walking Tour In Barcelona
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Modernism And Gaudí: Guided Walking Tour In Barcelona
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of two people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.