Monaco Shore Excursion: Small-Group Art Tour To The Villa Ephrussi De Rothschild, Chagall Museum And Matisse Museum
OverviewWhile your ship is in Monaco, delve into the French Riverias dazzling art heritage on this engaging half-day shore excursion. Visit the gorgeous Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild and its gardens overlooking the Mediterranean in Saint-Jean-Cap Ferrat; and head for Nice to see Marc Chagalls biblical-inspired paintings at the Chagall Museum. You'll also visit the Matisse Museum, home to a stunning collection by Henri Matisse, who celebrated the colors, light and culture of the Riviera in his paintings. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to eight people.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourWhile your cruise ship is in Monaco port, take advantage of this fascinating opportunity to explore the splendid art heritage of the French Riviera.
Start your tour with a pickup from Monaco cruise port and board your air-conditioned minivan with your driver-guide. Then, ogle the views over the sparkling Mediterranean as you travel along the coastal road known as the Middle Corniche towards Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat.
On arrival in the town, head for the beautiful Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, one of the most stunning sights on the French Riviera. Discover the apartments of Madame Ephrussi de Rothschild; see one of the richest porcelain collections in France; and stroll through the nine fairytale gardens, with their exotic flowers, fountains and magnificent views over the sea.
Your half-day arts tour continues to the picture-perfect city of Nice, the home of numerous art galleries and museums. Your expert guide will take you to the charming district of Cimiez the former winter home of Queen Victoria where you enjoy free time to explore the exhibits of the Chagall Museum (also known as the Muse National Message Biblique Marc Chagall). See the fine collection of works by Marc Chagall, including his famous paintings inspired by biblical scenes.
The Matisse Museum is the last stop of your shore excursion. Here, view the personal collection of artist Henri Matisse, who lived in Nice from 1917 to 1954. Learn about the famous painters work as you tour the exhibits in a charming, 17th-century Italian house surrounded by olive trees.
Your excursion finishes when your driver drops you back off at the cruise port.
Please note: Your guide will not accompany you inside the museums on this tour.
Worry-free Shore ExcursionWe will ensure your timely return to Monaco cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to your next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Monaco Shore Excursion: Small-Group Art Tour To The Villa Ephrussi De Rothschild, Chagall Museum And Matisse Museum
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned luxury minivan (8 seater)
- Admission to Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, the Chagall Museum and the Matisse Museum (all non-guided)
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Monaco Shore Excursion: Small-Group Art Tour To The Villa Ephrussi De Rothschild, Chagall Museum And Matisse Museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Guided tour in the museums
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please be aware that your driver has good knowledge of art but is not an expert. You will be able to explore the museums independently without a guide, but you can purchase an audio guide in each museum should you wish to do so (own expense)
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Privat Airport Transfer Sri lanka From Bandaranayake International Airport
- Red Dot Design Museum Admission Ticket
- Sombai Infused Cambodian Liqueur: Workshop Visit and Liqueur Tasting
- Selvatura Park: Hummingbird Garden and Insect Museum Tour
- Private One-Way Transfer: Hurghada Airport to Hurghada Hotels
- The Battle of Santo Domingo 4D Movie Experience