Monaco Shore Excursion: Small-Group Food Tour Of Nice
OverviewDuring your time in port in Monaco, get acquainted with the culinary delights of the Cte dAzur on this half-day shore excursion to Nice. Taste some of the regions finest olive oil at a mill in Opio and savor Nissart cuisine the foods favored by Nice locals including classic onion tart with a glass of ros at a city restaurant. A stop at Mont Alban to enjoy gorgeous views over the Mediterranean provides the final ingredient. With numbers limited to eight people, this small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYour shore excursion starts at Monaco cruise port when you meet your guide. Settle into your comfortable, 8-person minivan and enjoy the views of the Mediterranean as you travel along the French Riviera. Your main destination is Nice, one of the Cte dAzurs culinary hot spots, where the food marries ingredients, recipes and influences from both France and Italy.
First on the agenda is Opio, a tiny village perched on a hill amid the farmlands east of Grasse. Here, visit a traditional olive oil mill and taste some of the most renowned olive oil and tapenade (mashed olives) of the French Riviera.
Continuing your drive, follow the road that winds up to Fort Mont Alban, a 16th-century military fortress sitting on a hilltop. From here, take in the sweeping panoramas over Nice, the pretty little town of Villefranche and the bay opening out into the Mediterranean.
Next, travel into Nice proper for your second food tasting. Head inside a restaurant in the charming port area and savor some popular Nissart specialities such as a delicious socca (chickpea crpe) and pissaladire (onion tart) with a glass of refreshing ros wine.
As you eat, your guide dishes out fascinating facts about the food scene in Nice and the wider French Riviera, giving you a great insight into the regions culinary history and traditions.
Afterward, return to your minivan and relax on your journey back to Monaco, where your shore excursion ends with a drop-off at the cruise port.
Worry-free Shore ExcursionWe will ensure your timely return to Monaco cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to your next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Monaco Shore Excursion: Small-Group Food Tour Of Nice
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by luxury minivan
- Guided tour of olive mill in Opio
- 1 olive oil and tapenade tasting
- Food tastings and 1 glass of ros wine
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Monaco Shore Excursion: Small-Group Food Tour Of Nice
- Entrance fee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.