OverviewStep back in time and experience 'Iolani Palace: the only official residential palace in North America and home to Hawaii's last monarch, Queen Liliuokalani. Set out on a 6.5-hour tour that combines this National Historic Landmark with a visit to the Bishop Museum, a renowned museum of science and history that contains royal family heirlooms and the largest collection of Polynesian cultural artifacts on earth. Enjoy a traditional Hawaiian lunch at the museums cafe before exploring.
- Likely to Sell Out
- Ideal choice for families
- Family friendly
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Excellent value for money
- All-inclusive tour
Know More about this tour
The Monarch’s Tour provides an incredible overview of both the history of Hawaii and its people, as well as an opportunity to explore amazing Polynesian artifacts and interactive exhibits. This 6.5-hour excursion combines a visit the only official residence palace in North America and the museum widely considered to be the 'Smithsonian of the Pacific'.
Enjoy pick-up from a pre-designated Waikiki spot at 8 am, joining your small group of fellow tour participants for a drive to 'Iolani Palace. Once here, embark on a 50-minute docent-led walk through this former home of Hawai'i's last monarch, Queen Liliuokalani.
Meet your tour driver afterward for your next stop: Bishop Museum, “the Hawaii State Museum of Natural and Cultural History.” Museum staff will greet you upon arrival and bring you directly to the Bishop Museum Café for your pre-selected lunch.
You’ll then have time to explore the museum at your leisure. There are also 4 distinct tours taking place during your visit that you are welcome to join.
At 1:45 pm join your driver once again for the trip back to Waikiki. You should arrive between 2:30 and 2:45 pm.
Possible Lunch Options*:
- Kalua Pig Plate (Kalua pig, one scoop of rice, toss salad and a chilled bottle of water)
- Pineapple Shoyu Chicken Plate (Two pieces of pineapple shoyu chicken, one scoop of rice, toss salad and a chilled bottle of water)
- Veggie wrap (portabella mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, red bell peppers, jicama, lettuce, cucumbers, house-made cole slaw and a chilled bottle of water)
- Ham and Cheese Sandwich with select Maui Style potato chips and a chilled bottle of water
*Please note the lunch option for each traveler in the Special Requirements field at checkout.
Inclusions for Monarch's Tour: Bishop Museum & Iolani Palace Combo Tour
- Entrance fees and admission tickets
- Pre-selected lunch
- Admission ticket
- Local driver/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at select Waikiki hotels
Exclusions for Monarch's Tour: Bishop Museum & Iolani Palace Combo Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates apply provided they do not take up a seat
Involves a moderate amount of walking
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels are welcome providing the passenger is with someone who can assist them board and disembark
Please note the hotel pick-up locations in the "departure point" section and notate your desired pick-up location in the hotel field at check out.
Please note the lunch option for each traveler in the "Special Requirements" field at checkout
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.