Mont Saint-Michel Day Trip - Paris
OverviewTake a full-day tour from Paris to one of the most popular attractions in France, the fairytale island of Mont St-Michel off the coast of Normandy. Your guide will take you on a narrated walking tour of the exquisite Benedictine abbey, a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the most revered wonders of Europe. You'll then have free time to explore the village at your leisure to browse shops and watch the incredible spectacle of the bay’s tide rising and surrounding the island.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourYoull be picked up from a central Paris meeting point or your hotel (depending on option selected) in the early morning to begin your full-day adventure to Mont St-Michel. Sit back and enjoy the views on the long coach drive north through the beautiful Normandy countryside.
Arrive at Mont St-Michel in the late morning for your guided walking tour of this iconic attraction, perched on a rocky island amid a vast bay and encircled by stout ramparts and battlements. After fueling up with lunch and refreshments (included), follow your expert guide on a walk to the top of the hilly village, where youll then travel back in time as you enter the fascinating abbey.
Now a UNESCO World Heritage site, Mont St-Michel was a major cultural and pilgrimage center during the Middle Ages. Legend has it that the abbey was founded in the 8th century, when Aubert, the bishop of Avranches, was visited by the Archangel Michael in a dream. To this day the abbey is still crowned by a gilded copper statue of Michael slaying a dragon, symbolizing the triumph of good over evil.
See the abbeys remarkable cloister and refectory, and view how the ramparts have been added to support the Gothic monastery over the centuries. Youll also hear about this attraction's most well-known and alluring feature: the extreme tides. At low tide, the island can be surrounded by bare sand for miles, but at high tide barely six hours later the water swells up and fills the bay, surrounding the entire island.
After your tour, youre free to wander the village around Mont St-Michel on your own. Walk around the abbey's ramparts, browse the shops along the main street, visit the island's museums, and watch the sea rush in from the Atlantic and surround Mont St-Michel at high tide.
You will spend approximately four hours at Mont St-Michel before departing on your relaxing drive back to Paris.
Inclusions for Mont Saint-Michel Day Trip
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fee to Mont St-Michel
- Lunch with one drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- A promotional offer in many restaurants, shops and museums of the group 'La Mre Poulard' from April, 1st 2018on presentation of the flyer presenting the discounts
Exclusions for Mont Saint-Michel Day Trip
- Gratuities (optional)
Itinerary:Sample lunch menu: Restaurant Relais St-Michel
Salmon with rice and vegetables
One bottle of cider per six people
One bottle of mineral water per six people
One tea or coffee per person
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You will spend approximately 4 hours at Mont St-Michel; the journey from Paris is between 4 and 5 hours each way
Not wheelchair accessible
A moderate amount of walking is involved, including a number of steps and uphill paths to get to the abbey.
Not recommended for anyone with mobility difficulties
Good walking shoes are recommended
This tour takes place all year round and in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour by Night
- Paris Pass Including Entry to Over 60 Attractions
- Paris City Tour and Eiffel Tower Half-day Trip
- Disneyland Paris Ticket: 1 Day 2 Park
- Luxury Evening Experience at Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Skip-the-Line Palace of Versailles and Eiffel Tower Tour with Hotel Transfer
- Green Paris - Ecological Visit
- Skip-the-Line Eiffel Tower Summit Entrance Ticket and Evening Illuminations Cruise in Paris