Monte Senario Tuscany Bike Ride Including Florence Pickup And Lunch
OverviewDiscover Monte Senario, a Tuscan abbey known locally as Santuario di Montesenario, and enjoy a leisurely bike tour through Tuscany before cycling downhill back to Florence. The full-day guided experience is suitable for all and starts with a minibus ride from Florence to Monte Senario. Pedal down toward the city through a nature reserve, and enjoy several stops on route to savor a 2-course trattoria lunch, visit a winery and take photos from the Etruscan town of Fiesole.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- All necessary equipment included
- Fully narrated tour
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourMeet your guide and group in central Florence, and start your experience with a short minibus ride to the hilltop abbey at Monte Senario. Perched atop a Tuscan hill, the little-known retreat is home to an 13th-century basilica, which today forms part of a tranquil nature reserve.
Swap your minivan for a bike, and follow your guide on the easy downhill ride. The hilltop views are sublime, so gaze out at the scenery as you pedal and admire panoramas of the Appenines mountain range, laid out before you. Enjoy several photo stops and hear fun facts about Tuscan history and nature from your guide.
After a couple of hours, stop for lunch at a beloved local trattoria, tucked away in the hills. Refuel with mixed Tuscan appetizers and a main course, and follow it up with an espresso to help you on your way. Then, return to your bike and ride onward to a local winery to tour the cellars. See where the Tuscan wine is made and aged, and learn about olive oil production, too. Both wine and olive oil can be purchased at the site.
The last leg of your journey takes you past Fiesole, a hilltop town renowned for its views, and then down into Florence. Ride behind your guide, and return to the start point to finish your bike tour.
Inclusions for Monte Senario Tuscany Bike Ride Including Florence Pickup And Lunch
- Tour leader
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Wine tasting
- 2-course lunch
Exclusions for Monte Senario Tuscany Bike Ride Including Florence Pickup And Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Minimum age is 10 years
Wind-proof jacket and comfortable walking shoes are recommended
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for pregnant women or participants with back problems
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Florence Walking Tour
- Private tour Dan Brown Inferno Tour of Florence
- Livorno Arrival Transfer: Cruise Port to Central Florence
- Self-Drive Vintage Vespa Tour with Villa and Winery Tour
- Cooking Class in Traditional Tuscan Farm
- Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Chianti Wine Tasting Tour from Florence