Montego Bay Combo: City Sightseeing And Rose Hall Candlelight Tour
OverviewCheck out Montego Bays city sights and take an evening tour of the supposedly haunted Rose Hall Great House with this convenient combo experience on Jamaicas north coast. Spend the late afternoon in Montego Bay with a local guide, who will show you attractions like Sam Sharpe Square and St James Parish Church. Then explore Rose Hall Great House by candlelight to learn about the legend of Annie Palmer, the murderous White Witch of Rose Hall. Transport is available from Negril and Montego Bay, as well as the Grand Palladium in Lucea.
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourYour afternoon and evening tour begins with hotel pickup in Negril, the Grand Palladium resort in Lucea or Montego Bay (depending on option selected); if youre picked up in Negril or at Grand Palladium, enjoy the drive along Jamaicas beautiful northern coast to Montego Bay.
When you arrive in Mobay, as its commonly called by the locals, get to know the city on a one-hour sightseeing tour to attractions like Sam Sharpe Square, named after a slave leader who led the revolt known as the Christmas Slave Rebellion in 1831. Walk around the square, admiring the statue of Sam Sharpe, the St James Museum and the surrounding colonial buildings.
Then check out St James Parish Church, one of Jamaica's finest churches with its stained glass and sculptures by English artist John Bacon, and take a drive through residential areas to marvel at the Georgian homes that date back to the glorious sugar-trading days.
Continue to a local shop called Rainbow, where you have the chance to browse island goods like cigars, rum, coffee and bottles of Jamaicas famous jerk seasoning. Take time to pick up some souvenirs and gifts. You have 45 minutes of free time here for shopping and eating.
Next, the second portion of your combo begins with the 15-minute drive to Rose Hall Great House, an 18th-century Georgian mansion made famous by the legend of Annie Palmer, the White Witch of Rose Hall. According to the tale, Annie killed her three husbands and several slave lovers before being killed herself in her bed. During your one-hour candlelit tour through the mansion, listen to the story and find out for yourself if Annie truly haunts the house, which also boasts period furnishings for you to admire.
Your tour ends with hotel drop-off in Montego Bay, at the Grand Palladium and in Negril.
Inclusions for Montego Bay Combo: City Sightseeing And Rose Hall Candlelight Tour
- Local guide
- City sightseeing tour
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Montego Bay Combo: City Sightseeing And Rose Hall Candlelight Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please Note: you MUST provide your hotel details to the local provider
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.