From USD 134.99
OverviewExplore the tropical treetops of Costa Rica on this canopy tour in the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve! Set foot inside Monteverde’s famous butterfly garden to learn about the world’s most beautiful winged insects as well as other fascinating creatures! After this pleasant immersion in nature, finish your day with a tour at Don Juan’s coffee plantation.
Know More about this tourWhen you arrive at the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve after hotel pickup, you will automatically feel cool breeze and the peace of the forest.
The private reserve, administered by the Tropical Science Center, includes six ecological zones that protect a wide variety of insects, butterflies and mammals – such as the ocelot and tapir – plus thousands of plant species.
After walking through the reserve, you will head to the Monteverde Butterfly Garden, or mariposario, for a visit. In this controlled climate that hovers around 82.4 degrees Fahrenheit (28 degrees Celsius) to support more than 20 butterfly species, you’ll learn about the insects’ life cycle and adaptations that helped them evolve for their rainforest habitat.
On your guided walk through the butterfly exhibit, admire some of the world’s most beautiful creatures. Then, stroll through the medicinal plant garden and visit the biodiversity center to see informative displays of insects and arachnids. Here, witness a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis and observe live insects in action via bug cameras.
Afterwards, you will be taken to Don Juan's plantation for a coffee tour, where you will learn he process of coffee, chocolate and sugarcane. Once the coffee tour ends, you will be taken back to your Guanacaste-area hotel.
Inclusions for Monteverde Cloud Forest And Butterfly Garden From Guanacaste
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Monteverde Cloud Forest And Butterfly Garden From Guanacaste
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Hotel Dreams Las Mareas
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.