Montevideo Day Trip From Punta Del Este - Punta Del Este
OverviewCheck out Uruguays capital city Montevideo on this day trip from Punta del Este! See top Montevideo attractions like Independence Plaza, Palacio Salvo and the Port of Montevideo, and visit the residential neighborhoods of Carrasco, Punta Gorda and Pocitos, where along Las Ramblas, you'll admire vast beaches and walk along a waterfront promenade. Throughout the tour, an expert guide will tell you about the citys history, neighborhoods and beautiful architecture.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from your Punta del Este hotel, travel by comfortable coach approximately two hours west to Montevideo. When you arrive, your knowledgeable guide will take you first to Independence Plaza, which divides Montevideos old and new areas and is dominated by a large statue of Uruguay's great military leader, Jos Artigas.
In the plaza, look to its east side to admire Palacio Salvo, a 26-story building completed in the 1920s that was once the tallest building in Uruguay. Marvel at its beautiful architecture, and then head to the west end of the plaza to see Puerta de la Ciudadela, one of the few remaining structures of Montevideos colonial city wall. Next, visit the Port of Montevideo, which is one of South America's busiest ports and plays an important role in Uruguay's economy.
Continue to the neighborhood of El Prado, home to Prado Park and three soccer stadiums. Learn a bit about the area from your guide before continuing to the elegant residential barrios (neighborhoods) of Carrasco, Punta Gorda and Pocitos along Las Ramblas. Take in gorgeous coastal views from Punta Gorda and admire the endless beaches of Pocitos. Stroll down the beachside promenade and check out the local shops before getting back on the coach for the return trip to Punta del Este.
Inclusions for Montevideo Day Trip From Punta Del Este
- Day trip to Montevideo
- Professional English-, Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Montevideo Day Trip From Punta Del Este
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.