OverviewDelve into Paris art history and enjoy skip-the-line entry to Impressionist galleries on this 1.5-hour Montmartre walking tour. Explore Montmartre with your guide and discover the venues that influenced painters including Renoir and Monet. See, too, the windmill from Renoirs Bal du moulin de la Galette and the famous Moulin Rouge cabaret. Then, enjoy skip-the-line entry to the Muse de l'Orangerie and visit at your leisure. Upgrade your tour to include skip-the-line entry to the Muse d'Orsay. Numbers limited to 14 people, ensuring a small-group experience.
- All entrance fees included
- Skip the line
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide near Montmartre in central Paris, then set off on foot to begin your small-group tour. Stroll along Montmartres cobbled streets and discover must-see highlights such as the Clos Montmartre vineyard. Listen as your guide details the districts checkered history, and gain insight into the lives and works of the famous Impressionist artists for whom Montmartre was home.
During your walking tour, discover the venues and views that influenced the painters works. See where van Gogh lived when he moved to Paris from Holland; visit the Montmartre windmill that took pride of place in Renoirs infamous masterpiece Bal du moulin de la Galette; and walk past the Moulin Rouge that appeared in many of Toulouse-Lautrecs distinctive works.
After 1.5 hours of exploring Montmartres Impressionist art history with your guide, head to the Basilique du Sacr-Coeur and take in panoramic views over the French capital to conclude the guided part of your tour. Receive your skip-the-line ticket to the Muse de l'Orangerie, a gallery space built by Monet and nestled in the Tuileries Gardens.
Continue on independently to the Muse de l'Orangerie and, with your skip-the-line entrance ticket in hand, beat the entrance lines and head straight inside to explore independently. The museum houses famous Impressionist and post-Impressionist works including Monets Water Lilies murals and paintings by Matisse, Picasso and Sisley.
Upgrade your tour to receive a skip-the-line ticket for the Muse d'Orsay, too. Home to the largest collection of Impressionist masterpieces in the world, the Muse d'Orsay is a top Paris attraction and queues are often long. Enjoy a self-guided tour of the galleries and admire famous works such as Degas The Parade, Manets The Luncheon on the Grass and Boudins Trouville Beach.
Please note: After your Montmartre walking tour, ask your guide for directions if you want to visit the Muse de l'Orangerie and Muse d'Orsay (f you've upgraded) straight away. Alternatively, you can use your ticket to visit on another day of your choice.
Inclusions for Montmartre Art Walking Tour Including Skip-the-Line Musée De L'Orangerie And Optional Musée D'Orsay
- 1.5 hour small-group guided tour of Montmartre
- Skip-the-line ticket to Musée de l'Orangerie
- Skip-the-line ticket to Musée d'Orsay (if option selected)
Exclusions for Montmartre Art Walking Tour Including Skip-the-Line Musée De L'Orangerie And Optional Musée D'Orsay
- Guided tour at Musée de l'Orangerie
- Guided tour at Musée d'Orsay
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At the end of your tour you will receive your ticket to Musée de l'Orangerie and Musée d'Orsay (this last one if option selected)
Your tickets are open-ended, skip-the-line entrance tickets. You can use them any time, either straight after your walking tour or on any other day
Orangerie Museum is closed on Tuesdays and on May 1
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.