OverviewDont pass up the chance to see lofty Montmorency Falls on this 4-hour bike tour from Old Quebec. A cable-car ride to the top gives you prime views of the roaring water. You'll also cycle to Domaine de Maizerets, a luxurious estate that was turned into a city park, and spot windsurfers at Beauport Bay against the scenic backdrop of le dOrlans. Along the way, an informative guide shares the history of Quebec City. This small-group tour capped at 15 people is sure to please riders of all levels.
Know More about this tourMeet your small group at a bike shop in the heart of Old Quebec for your 4-hour morning tour. Youll get fixed up with a bike and helmet during a safety briefing. Bikers of all skill levels will enjoy this tour covering about 16 miles (25 km) of mostly flat terrain through the city to Montmorency Falls.
When youre ready, pedal off after your guide to the northern outskirts of the city. Cross a bridge over the picturesque Saint Charles River and then cycle along the Corridor du Littoral, a two-way bicycle lane separated from the main roads.
Stop at Domaine de Maizerets, a former 17th-century estate spanning 67 acres (27 hectares), and learn about the propertys evolution from a New France land concession into a city park. Locals visit this oasis for family gatherings, outdoor concerts, bird-watching, and to stroll along the pedestrian- and bicycle-friendly paths.
Next, continue on the bike route that parallels the course of the St Lawrence River. Catch sight of windsurfers and bird-watchers along the shoreline of Beauport Bay and learn about its key role in the Battle of Montmorency. In the distance, see le dOrlans, a rustic island ringed with centuries-old homes and churches.
Upon arrival at Montmorency Falls, leave your bike at the base of the waterfalls. Hop aboard a cable car to the top and soak up stunning views of the 275-foot-long (83 meters) sheath of water, that is nearly the length of an American football field, pours into the Montmorency River.
Your guide takes you around the top of the promontory, starting at the elegant Manoir Montmorency. Learn about the areas development into the Industrial Period, walk along a boardwalk and cross a suspended bridge offering spectacular panoramas.
Return to your bike and cycle back to your departure point, admiring skyline views of Quebec City along the way.
Inclusions for Montmorency Falls Bike Tour In Quebec
- Local qualified guide
- Cable car
- Bike rental with necessary equipment, including helmet
- Water bottle
- Sweet snacks
Exclusions for Montmorency Falls Bike Tour In Quebec
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Children must be able to ride a bike for approximately 16 miles (26 km) by themselves.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.