Montserrat Afternoon Tour With Small Group And Hotel Pick Up - Barcelona
OverviewDiscover the secrets of Catalan culture during this afternoon adventure to Montserrat Mountain. Enjoy a tour of the awe-inspiring natural monument and learn about its importance to the Catalan people. Unlike the overcrowded tour groups, we offer a more personal experience led by our expert local guide. This is your chance to learn all about the most deeply rooted cultural myths of the region!
Know More about this tour
Take a break from sightseeing in the city, and join us on this exciting adventure to one of the most mysterious and magical places in Catalonia.
This afternoon tour will allow you to see a different Montserrat. During the afternoon the mountain is way less crowded, allowing you to have a more relaxed experience and to avoid queues.
We travel in small groups, allowing you to enjoy a more personalized experience with our guide, who will give you expert local insight into our most deeply rooted cultural traditions.
We will pick you up at your accommodation inBarcelona and take a comfortable private transportation to the mountain of Montserrat. This magnificent 4,000-foot wonder is easily recognizable from afar by its serrated top from which it gets its name.
And 2,380 feet above sea level, the Benedictine monastery of Santa Maria de Montserrat enjoys a stunning location, surrounded by an unforgettable natural landscape. The monastery has served as a center for spiritual retreat for almost one thousand years. We will first visit the basilica, where the Virgin Santa Maria of Montserrat, Patron Saint of Catalonia, is located. The Romanesque statue of the Black Madonna originates from the XII century and is today surrounded by a golden altar. According to legend, the Virgin personally appeared in the IX century, giving rise to the hermitage of Santa Maria.
Next, our group will take a walking tour of the monastery surroundings. Enjoy the unparalleled views offered by this region, which was declared as a Natural Park in 1987.We will also discover the Holy Cave where the virgin is said to have appeared. The site has, since then, become an authentic center for pilgrimage and prayer.
After the tour, your guide will take you back to your hotel in Barcelona.
Inclusions for Montserrat Afternoon Tour With Small Group And Hotel Pick Up
- Hotel or apartment pickup and drop-off
- Professional local guide
- Small-group (max 8 people)
- Walking tour
- Transport byprivate vehicle
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Montserrat Afternoon Tour With Small Group And Hotel Pick Up
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guitarra y Flamenco
- 2 hour Sailing Cruise Barcelona
- 2 hour Private Sunset Sailing Cruise
- Heli-Skiing in Andorra
- Barcelona Markets Tour with a Chef and Food Tasting - Premium Small Group
- Paella Cooking workshop with a Chef & Lunch, Wines & Friends - Small Group
- Gaud - The Park Gell Tour
- Jewish Quarter of Barcelona: one of the most important Jewish Communities of the Medieval Europe