Montserrat Guided Day Tour With Tapas And Wine From Barcelona
OverviewIf you really want to get to know Barcelona and Catalonia, visiting Montserrat is a must-do. This day tour combines a visit to this magical site with a wonderful gastronomical and oenological experience. Ride a cogwheel train to the top of Montserrat mountain while admiring its spectacular views, enjoying a traditional sweet breakfast with homemade liquors, discovering a winery inside a medieval castle and tasting top-quality wines and tapas will be some of the highlights of your trip.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- All-inclusive tour
- Lunch included
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
Your tour departs from central Barcelona, and from there you'll head for the village of Monistrol de Montserrat. From Monistrol you'll take the Cremallera de Montserrat, a cogwheel train with great views of the countryside and the mountain.
Once at the Montserrat Monastery, your guides will tell you fun facts about the landmark, inducing its history, legends, and the importance of this site in Catalonia. Enjoy some free time for the chance to see l'Escolania (the oldest Boys' Choir in Europe)*, walk through the monastery,visitthe Montserrat Museum, or visit a couple of viewpoints before going back to the bus.
It is now time for food and wine. Only a short drive away awaits Oller del Mas Cellar, located in a 10th century castle. At this point the group will divide, depending on the food option selected. You may opt for feasting ona copious multiple-course meal at a local restaurant, or a lighter tapas lunch during the wine tasting. Both options will enjoy an extended visit throughout the cellar, located inside the castle. The visit will allow you to discover how wine was made 600 years ago, and how they still make it today. Be sure to take the opportunity to stroll through the vineyards while enjoying the landscape that surrounds Oller del Mas.
Wine tasting will consist of three ecological chteau wines. If you have chosen the tapas option, you will enjoy your brunch during the wine tasting, as well as an extra glass of wine and a cheese platter. Afterwards, you will return tocentral Barcelona.
* Please note that l'Escolania does not sing on Saturdays and several dates throughout the year.
Inclusions for Montserrat Guided Day Tour With Tapas And Wine From Barcelona
- Transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned shared bus
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Cogwheel train ticket
- Guided visit to Montserrat Monastery
- Coca de Montserrat (sweet pastry) and liquor tasting
- Regional tapas lunch with dessert (tapas option only)
- Multi-course meal (lunch option only)
- Welcome drink (tapas option only)
- Visit Oller del Mas vineyards, cellar, and castle
- Three organic wine tasting and cheese platter
- Bottle of water, provided towards the end of the tour
Exclusions for Montserrat Guided Day Tour With Tapas And Wine From Barcelona
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that Tapas Option has a duration of 7 hours(returning to Barcelona around 5:00 - 5:30 pm). Lunch Option has a duration of 9 hours (returning to Barcelona around 7:00 - 7:30 pm).
The tour leaves from Plaza Catalunya, 21 (by the Hard Rock Caf) look for the pink umbrella.
The tour departs at 10:00 am (meet strictly at 9:45 am).
There is a limit of 15 people per group, although transportation will be shared with other groups.
Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved.
Temperatures in Montserrat and the winery tend to be more extreme than in Barcelona. Please check the weather forecast the day before and dress accordingly.
Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but note that no car seat or meals are provided.
If you have reduced mobility, please contact us before booking. We do our best to welcome everyone on board!
We cater for any dietary allergies or restrictions no need to warn us beforehand.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Barcelona Transfer: Central Barcelona to Cruise Port
- Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona
- Three Countries in One Day: France, Andorra and Spain from Barcelona
- Montserrat and Cava Trail Private Day Trip from Barcelona
- 6-Day Spain Tour from Barcelona: Zaragoza, Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Valencia
- Small-Group Tour: Traditional Food and Wine Day Trip from Barcelona
- Small-Group Medieval Villages Day Trip from Barcelona
- Private Salvador Dali Day Trip to Figueres and the Costa Brava from Barcelona