Monuments And Ancient Sites In The Fayoum Oasis Day Trip - Cairo
OverviewYouregypttours.com will take you today Only 47 miles (76 kilometers) south of Africa's most populated city of Cairo,where lies the oasis town of Fayoum. The main attraction in this tranquil town are ...
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourToday Your Egypt Tours will take you only 47 miles (76 kilometers) south of Africa's most populated city of Cairo where the oasis town of El Fayoum is located. The main attractions in this tranquil town are the wooden waterworks, yet another example of the ingenuity displayed by ancient Egyptian engineers. Originally named Crocodilopolis, then Arsinoe, and lastly Medinet El-Fayoum, it was the main place of worship of the crocodile god, Sobek. It is said that during ancient times, crocodiles were adorned with gold and fed honey cakes and meat by the priests. Of interest are the huge wooden waterwheels, another incredible engineering achievement by the ancient Egyptians, though less known than the mighty Pyramids. The waters of the Bahr Yusef are distributed throughout the oasis from Medinet El-Fayoum, the capital of the Fayoum. Approximately 200 of the great waterwheels are located throughout the oasis. The Seven Waterwheels, a Fayoum landmark, are surrounded by mangoes, palms and willows. A great stone obelisk was erected in honor of Senwosret I in Abgig during the 12th Dynasty. It was discovered on the ground in two pieces during the 18th century and was recently reconstructed and erected in Medinet El-Fayoum.
Inclusions for Monuments And Ancient Sites In The Fayoum Oasis Day Trip
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Monuments And Ancient Sites In The Fayoum Oasis Day Trip
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for child aged XX and under
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Discover Alexandria: Day Tour from Cairo to Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa Pompeys Pillar National Museum and Montaza Gardens with Lunch
- Amazing Alexandria Trip From Cairo
- Discover Cairo: Pyramids of Giza Memphis and Sakkara including Lunch
- Discover Cairo: Egyptian Museum, Saladin Citadel, Khan El Khalili Bazaar Including Lunch
- Discover Cairo: Giza Pyramids and Egyptian Museum including lunch
- Discover Cairo: Old Capital of Memphis and Step Pyramid of Sakkara Private Guided Tour
- Discover Cairo: Coptic Islamic Tour, Christian Churches and Babylon Fortress
- Discover Cairo: Pyramids Of Giza And The Sphinx Short Trip