Moorea Three Coconuts Trail Guided Hike
OverviewHike through the rainforest and see the peaks of Moorea with a professional local guide. Start at the spectacular Belvedere lookout and follow the Three Coconuts Trail through lush foliage to a pass with spectacular views over the island. Refresh yourself at a waterfall and earn about French Polynesia's geology, flora and fauna on this moderately paced, 4-mile (7-km) trek in the rainforest.
Know More about this tourAfter pickup at your Moorea hotel, a guide drives your group up steep winding roads to the Belvedere lookout where your 4-mile (7-km) hike begins. Marvel at the panoramic views of the Opunohu Valley from this breathtaking lookout before hitting the trail.
Follow your guide along a path that leads you through forests filled with ferns and towering Tahitian Chestnut trees, before climbing steadily to a pass. Along the way, your guide points out plants that Polynesians traditionally use for fishing, cooking, and making tapa cloth. You also learn to identify a range of bird calls and where to look for bird nests.
When you reach the foot of Mt Moua Roa, take in the sight of the ancient volcano's caldera and gaze at the distant peaks of Mt Rotui, Mt Tohiea and Mt Moua Puta. Rising dramatically from the waters of Cook's Bay, the steep jagged peaks of Mt Mouaputa are a photographer's dream. According to local legends, the hole in the middle of its peak was the result of a spear hurled by a powerful deity.
Once you have had some time to admire the stunning views and take photos, return along the same trail, stopping for a refreshing dip at a waterfall. After about three hours of walking at a relaxed pace, rejoin your vehicle for the ride back to your hotel, where your 4-hour tour ends.
Inclusions for Moorea Three Coconuts Trail Guided Hike
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Moorea Three Coconuts Trail Guided Hike
- Food and drinks
- Drinking water
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please brings closed-toe shoes suitable for walking, sunscreen, hat and insect repellent
Please bring drinking water
A moderate level of fitness is required
Minimum of 2 people required for the tour to proceed
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The Museum Vessel VITYAZ in Kaliningrad
- "Poopoo Land" Attraction Ticket
- Private Transfer - Cairo Airport Arrivals Hall to Hotel
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City