Do I need any outdoor experience?
- Is this trip for me? This trip is in no way strenuous. Everyone can join. Normally we do not leave the vehicle. If we do, the moose will see that we are humans, and it will run away. If you have any kind of physical disability, please inform us at least 48 h. prior to departure.
- Grading: this trip is graded as Very Easy.
- Minimum age: reccomended minimum age is 6 years.
By minibus or 8-seater car from/to downtown Bod.
Season & Availability
June - August. The absolute best season for a moose safari in Norway is summer.
Terrain, distance and elevation
Nothing to worry about, you not even have to leave the vehicle (but we will invite to it from time to time). We go by car or a small bus to areas some 40 km away from Bod.
You should bring
- Be sure to bring your camera.
- Personal clothing due to the weather.
- A small day pack or handbag.
- Drink and snacks.
- A knowledgeable, English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by car or minibus.
- A visit at Saltstraumen.
Group size - We prefer small groups
- Typical group size for our trips range from 2 to 10 (15). We prefer to keep the group size as small as possible for these trips, which improves the experience for the participants and guide alike.
- Larger groups may request booking this trip. In such cases, we divide the group into smaller groups, each of which will be accompanied by their own guide. NB: We dont mix private group trips with solo travellers.
- What is the minimum number of participants? To run this tour, a minimum of two people must book. If this minimum is not met, we reserve the right to cancel the tour. You will then have the option of being rebooked on an alternative date or receiving a full refund.