OverviewEnjoy an adrenalin-filled adventure including two of Moreton Island's most popular activities on a 4WD day trip from Brisbane. Your action-packed day includes sand boarding on the islandâs sand dunes, as well as snorkeling amongst the Tangalooma Shipwrecks, home to one of Queensland's most diverse marine ecosystems. Throughout the day, youâll also enjoy Moreton Island's amazing scenery, pristine beaches and abundance of bird and marine life. This tour operates with a maximum of 16 people, ensuring youâll enjoy a small-group experience with your expert guide.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Snorkel gear included
Know More about this tourYour day trip begins with a luxury cruise across beautiful Moreton Bay to Moreton Island. On arrival, board your 4WD and head straight to the beach. Moreton Island is the world's third largest sand island of which 98% is a protected National Park, with no sealed roads, 4WD is the only mode of transport.
Your Moreton Island 4WD tour will take you along Middle Road passing through thick eucalyptus forest, featuring beautiful grass trees up to 250 years old, before reaching 'the Desert', home of sand boarding on Moreton Island.
Sand boarding is an awesome, fun, high-adrenalin activity. Speeds of up to 50 kilometers per hour can be reached. From beginners, young children and families to the most adventurous adrenalin junkie, Moreton Island is the perfect place to experience the thrill of sand boarding. Make sure you bring your camera as there will be plenty of photo opportunities.
After your sand boarding adventure there will be time to relax on a white sandy beach, or take a dip in the blue waters while a fresh picnic lunch is served.
After lunch, it's time for a guided snorkel around the Tangalooma Shipwrecks. The 15 shipwrecks located just 50 meters off the beach provide wonderful snorkeling opportunities. See a huge range of marine life including blue and orange banded parrotfish, big eye trevally, blue-tang surgeonfish (Dory) and clown fish (Nemo)!
For those who prefer not to snorkel, kayaking around the Tangalooma Shipwrecks is a fantastic alternative. See the magnificent shipwrecks from above the water for a completely different outlook of Moreton Bay and its spectacular scenery. Kayaking may also be offered as an alternative to snorkeling should conditions be unfavorable. Please note: Snorkeling is subject to tide and weather conditions and may change without notice.
You'll cruise back across the marine park to the mainland by ferry taking in the stunning sunset across Moreton Bay from the top deck.
Inclusions for Moreton Island Snorkel And Sand Boarding 4WD Day Trip From Brisbane
- Local guide
- Roundtrip ferry to Moreton island
- Picnic lunch
- Moreton Island National Park fees
- Transport by air-conditioned 4WD
- All activities
Exclusions for Moreton Island Snorkel And Sand Boarding 4WD Day Trip From Brisbane
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 4 years
Please bring a towel, camera, sunscreen, hat, swimming gear, insect repellent, walking shoes and warm clothes during winter
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.