Morning Almsgiving And Market Tour In Luang Prabang
OverviewRise early to observe the solemn morning ritual of monks walking through the streets of Luang Prabang at sunrise to collect alms. "Tak bat" or almsgiving is a must-see experience for travelers to Luang Prabang, home to nearly 80 Buddhist temples. After the opportunity to make your own rice offering to saffron-robed monks, head to a morning market for another glimpse of local life.
- Exclusive to Viator
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up at your hotel at 5:30 am and transferred to a street where a single-file line of silent, saffron-clad Buddhist monks walk with their alms bowls each morning.
Observe or participate in this serene Buddhist ritual of almsgiving, known as tak bat. Luang Prabang’s many monastic communities are sustained by the local Buddhists who place sticky rice in the monks’ bowls during the daily ritual. Take the opportunity to make a rice offering with the help of your guide, or simply watch in awe as dozens of monks emerge to stroll past laypeople offering flowers and incense in reverence for this sacred observance.
After the monks have passed through, you’ll visit a market that pops up each morning near Luang Prabang’s main thoroughfare. Brush elbows with the locals buying daily fruits, vegetables, meat and spices from vendors who display an enticing array of products from their bamboo mats and sarongs on the sidewalk. Marvel at locally grown chili peppers, miniature eggplants and violet banana flowers used in home cooking, and perhaps try regional snacks like dried buffalo skin and rice-flour chips at your own expense. When the tour ends, you will be dropped off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Morning Almsgiving And Market Tour In Luang Prabang
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking guide
Exclusions for Morning Almsgiving And Market Tour In Luang Prabang
- Almsgiving donation
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 7 people per booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum age is 12 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.