Discover the amazing underground world of Wieliczka Salt Mine. The tour will take you to the only mine that has functioned continuously since the middle ages. With underground chambers and statues sculpted in salt lakes, it is on the UNESCO List of World Heritage Sites.
See statues sculpted in salt and saline waters. Walk 136 meters below ground level.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourOn this tour you will explore the breathtaking underground world of the Salt Mine in Wieliczka. You will visit the impressive underground chambers hewn out of salt rock, statues sculpted in salt, and underground saline lakes. The Salt Mine Wieliczka appears in the UNESCO List of World Heritage sites as one of the oldest salt mines in Europe.
During this tour you will be able to touch and literally taste the history and beauty of this underground world carved in salt. The Salt Mines routes reach a depth of 327 metres and they illustrate all the stages of mining technology across the centuries. This impressive mine even boasts underground tennis courts, as well as a sanatorium, in which allergies are treated.
You will walk 2.5 km through 3 levels, and down to 136 metres below ground level inside this awe-inspiring Salt Mine.
Inclusions for Morning Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour From Krakow
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Morning Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour From Krakow
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Not wheelchair accessible
Not recommended for those, who have problems with walking or are claustrophobic
To get to the first level, all visitors will need to descend a wooden staircase (378 stairs)
Underground temperature: +14'C (55'F)
IMPORTANT: The maximum size of hand luggage cannot be larger than 35cm x 20cm x 20cm. Larger backpacks, bags, suitcases should be left on coaches or taken to the luggage room located in the area of descending into the mine. Please note, our company is not responsible for items left on the bus or at the mine so customers are advised not to leave valuables.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.