Moscow At Night: Small-Group Walking Tour With Annushka Tram
OverviewHear fascinating legends of witches, ghosts, freemasons and famous criminals on this small-group walking tour of Moscow at night! Take a detour from your standard sightseeing route, riding the Annushka tram and exploring Moscow off the beaten track with a local guide. Hear tales of sorcerers and secret worshippers as you stroll side streets and old neighborhoods, such as the infamous Khitrovka district, amid the city lights.This tour is limited to 20 people, providing a small-group experience with your guide.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- See the sights illuminated at night
Know More about this tourMeet your friendly local guide at the monument to Alexander Griboyedov in Chistye Prudy, a quiet residential neighborhood of pre-revolution buildings and lovely courtyards. After learning about the former author and ambassador who was memorialized in the square, walk with your small group down side streets as you listen to tales of the city at night.
Ride the legendary Annushka tram through the busy, lighted streets of central Moscow; the original A route opened in the early 20th century and this section was restored in 1997. Head to Kitay Gorod to walk around the avenues full of traditional Russian and Soviet-era architecture, and notice the nightlife of Moscows best contemporary clubs.
In Khitrovka, your guide will inform your group about Moscows criminal activity of the 19th century, when thousands of ruffians took to the streets. Hear spooky stories about Moscows infamous as you visit mysterious landmarks such as Archangel Tower and the house of Bruce the Sorcerer, a naturalist and astronomer who became known as an alchemist and magician.
At Kilometer Zero, where a bronze plaque marks Moscows center from which all city distances are measured, toss a lucky coin as you listen to more urban legends and see Russian freemasons houses, secret places of worship and Devils Place on Kulichki site of the former pagan temple.
End your tour at Cheburechnaya Caf, one of the few surviving Soviet pubs, named for the cheburek a fried turnover traditionally stuffed with meat. Take in the communist-era atmosphere as you drink a tumbler of Russian beer or sample something to eat (own expense).
Inclusions for Moscow At Night: Small-Group Walking Tour With Annushka Tram
- English-speaking local guide
Exclusions for Moscow At Night: Small-Group Walking Tour With Annushka Tram
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.