Moscow Metro TourWrite a Review
OverviewThe beauty of Moscow’s underground is well known all over the world – made from the marble and granite each station is the grandiose monument itself, not only the member of the largest in the world underground system. Unbelievable creations of the Soviet Moscow, seven Stalin’s skyscrapers remain the most picturesque symbols of Moscow until today.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Led by a local guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
The beauty of Moscow’s underground is well-known all over the world – made from marble and granite each station is a grandiose monument itself, not only a member of the largest underground system in the world.
The 2-hour Moscow late-night metro tour will let you see the architectural achievements of the Soviet Époque on the spot during late evening, when all those crowds of people are gone. When you are at Moscow underground, you will find out for yourself why it is called a live-museum or palace rather than a transportation system. Visiting all the different, beautiful metro stations on your way, you will also have a sneak peek at Stalin’s skyscrapers, the tallest buildings in Moscow from the times of USSR ordered by Stalin himself.
Tour starts at one of the Moscow metro stations that will let you enjoy the impressive interiors of the circle, blue, and green line stations, and see the walls covered with mosaics and frescos, under the light of enormous and beautifully-decorated lamps. You will learn about the construction of Moscow metro, the stages of its opening, and the reasons why it became a museum instead of just being a transportation system. It is also interesting to know about the role of Moscow metro during World War II and its present-day function.
At the very beginning of the tour, you will enjoy another great symbol of Soviet architecture,one of Stalin’s skyscrapers, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Your guide has endless stories and legends on Stalin’s sister skyscrapers, so with his help you will find out not only when and why were they built, but also who used to live there and why the eighth skyscraper was supposed to be built but never was.
This tour is meant to be fun and interactive. The guide skips useless information and focuses only on key facts and the most dramatic aspects of the Moscow metro history. Also, the unique opportunity to talk with locals and ask them questions to know how the current reality in Russia looks like is a great part of this tour.
Inclusions for Moscow Metro Tour
- Private tour with professional guide
Exclusions for Moscow Metro Tour
- Metro Ticket (around $1/person)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.