Moscow Metro Tour
OverviewSee the best examples of underground Soviet-era architecture on a 1.5-hour walking tour of Moscows metro stations! With an expert guide at your side, visit five of Moscows must-see stations, including iconic Mayakovskaya, and learn all about Stalins visions for the former Soviet Union. Hear about the Metro-2, a secret line said to have been used by the government and KGB, and see grandiose architecture, mosaics, sculptures and more!
- Fully narrated tour
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourMeet your expert guide outside the Kremlin and head underground with your Moscow metro ticket to discover the citys underground treasures. See the most interesting stations with extravagant Soviet-era architecture and hear the history surrounding the metro stations from your expert guide.
Widely praised as one of Stalins finest architectural achievements, Moscow's subway was created to symbolize his rising regime and a recognized empire. Learn about his successors, who later toned down the ornateness of the subways architecture, and see how the different eras are reflected in the character of each station. If you're lucky, you may even find the secret entrance to the unconfirmed Metro-2, a parallel underground system used by the government -- a mystery which has neither been denied nor confirmed today.
Visit Revolution Square Station (Ploschad Revolyutsii) and admire the 72 magnificent bronze sculptures that depict the people of the former Soviet Union, set underneath marble arches designed by the legendary Russian architect Alexey Dushkin. Another Dushkin-created station is Novoslobodskaya, and youll head here next to admire its dazzling stained-glass panels.
Discover Baroque dcor, vaulted ceilings and chandeliers at Komsomolskaya Station, and then marvel at the grandiose and pompous design of Kurskaya Station -- one of the first stations to be built. Its design reflects Stalins communist ideals and youll note its left-wing slogans on the walls, next to mosaics that symbolize the victory of his regime over poverty and starvation.
Finally, pay a visit to Mayakovskaya, the station thats named after Russian poet Vladmir Mayakovsky, and see why its often considered the most beautiful and iconic Moscow Metro station. Gaze upward at some 30 fascinating mosaics that depict Stalins vision for a bright Soviet future, and then admire the features of typical pre-World War II architecture that the station embodies. Your tour ends here.
Inclusions for Moscow Metro Tour
- Metro ticket
- English-speaking local guide
Exclusions for Moscow Metro Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.