Moscow Red Square And Bolshoi Theater Private Tour
OverviewThis 3-hour private tour is a perfect way to see the city of rich history (almost 870 years!) all dazzling with colourful cathedrals, domes, baroque architecture, beautiful parks and fountains.Your private guide will show you over 15 iconic landmarks and finish the tour at the Bolshoi Theater where you will join a one-hour group tour in English exploring one of most prominent theaters in the world. Highlights:Hit the best sights and must-see attractions in MoscowExplore the cozy nooks of Old Town of MoscowGet a taste of the ancient streets and squaresListen your guides stories about Ivan the Terrible, Lenin and StalinRoam through the historical district, Alexander Garden and the main street of MoscowSee the oldest fortress in Russia, one of the largest in EuropeDrop into a local bakery for delicious culinary masterpieces
- Exclusive to Viator
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Likely to Sell Out
Know More about this tourBookyour preferred tour option andsay goodbye to your travel books and privet(greetings) to Moscows streets! On either tour,meet your private guide in hotel lobby and learn fun facts, stories, and legends about Moscow, and tick its top attractions off your must-see list.
Red Square and Bolshoi Tour (4 hours):
Take in Moscows renaissance, baroque, and art nouveau architecture, and visit Red Square to seeitsfamous buildings and St. Basils Cathedral, commissioned by Ivan the Terrible and completed in 1560. Hear the storythat Ivan had itsarchitects blinded afterward to feel safe that such a masterpiece could never be built again.
See the GUM shopping arcade and after time for coffee(own expense) or photos, head inside the Bolshoi Theater to join a 1-hour tour. Imagine the audiences of 19th-century imperial Russia as you viewthe lavish interiors of what is one of Russias oldest and biggest theaters, and learn how the Bolshoiis depicted on the countrys 100-ruble banknote.
Red Square and Kitay GorodTour (4 hours):
After visiting Red Square, take in the GUM shopping arcade, shopping for souvenirs and if you wish, tasting some of GUMs classic ice cream (own expense). Visit St Basils Cathedral, the favorite cathedral of Ivan the Terrible who is said to have blinded its architects to ensure it could never be recreated.
Make a quick stop at Lenins Mausoleum to see the deceased national figure (closed Mondays and Fridays and only seen from outside during the high season).
Visit the Big Moskvoretsky Bridge for great views of the Kremlins walls and 20 towers, the largest and oldest fortress in Russia, and learn about the 14th-century Prince Dmity Donskoy who began its construction.
Head into the Kitay-Gorod district, one of Moscows oldest districts, and see the Kitay-Gorod Wall, Tretyakov Passage, and Nikolskaya and Varvarka streets. Admire the old buildings and hear their history and secrets.
View the16th-century Old English Court and Romanov Chambers, dedicated to Russias second tsarist dynasty, to appreciate what a city can do with almost 900 years of inspiration, and visit Alexander Garden to see its mock ruined grotto and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, with its Eternal Flame.
Discover the history of Moscow through tsarist and Soviet times with a walk along the Kremlin walls, and soak in the citys Soviet past on a stroll along Tverskaya, its main street. Explore the Eliseev Emporium, Moscows celebrated grocery store, to seeits elaborate dcor and high ceilings, and wander along Kamergersky Lane and Kuznetsk Bridge Street, the birthplace of Russian fashion and a popular meeting spot for locals.
Stop for photos of the legendary and historical National and Metropol hotels, and visit the observation deck of the Detsky Mir department store for panoramic views of the city and Kremlin.
Inclusions for Moscow Red Square And Bolshoi Theater Private Tour
- All taxes
- Bolshoi tour (onRed Square + Bolshoi theatertours)
- Private tour with a friendly local guide
- Expert advice where to go and what to do after the tour
- Iconic places for photo shoot
- Flexible customizable itinerary
- Must-see attractions and off the beaten path
Exclusions for Moscow Red Square And Bolshoi Theater Private Tour
- Entrance fees (if you want to go inside some cathedral)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Private walking tour
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please indicate prefer start time in comments when booking
The tour can be modified to meet your preferences
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Moscow Vnukovo Private Airport Luxury Van Arrival Transfer
- Moscow Vnukovo Private Airport Luxury Van Departure Transfer
- Izmaylovo Flea Market and Kremlin in Izmaylovo
- Cathedrals and Churches of the Russian Capital
- Moscow at Night: Small-Group Walking Tour with Annushka Tram
- Moscow Layover Tour with Private Guide