Moscow: Russia In World War II With Victory Park And Museum
OverviewWorld War II the greatest war that our planet has ever seen has an enormous amount of myths and unknown facts associated with it. This tour through Victory Park and Poklonnaya Hill will take you on a journey to show you how WWII changed Russia (Soviet Union), influenced its history and how it continues to effect Russian politics and society today.
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Likely to Sell Out
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tour
Your personal guide will pick you up at your place of stay and accompany to the museum of The Great Patriotic War. While travelling by metro your guide will enlighten you on the role that the metro played during the war as you will be passing some of the most beautiful metro stations.
As you arrive to the Victory Museum you will be astounded by the magnitude of the exposition both inside and outside. The museum is located on the Poklonnaya Hill - one of the highest spots in Moscow. From here you will get an exceptional view of the city and enjoy the Victory Park that spans over 2,400 hectares.
It is easy to become overwhelmed in a museum that spans 3,000 square meters and has over 6,000 exhibits your guide will take you to the most notable parts of the museum. Imagine yourself in the midst of a battle of Stalingrad and on the streets of blockaded Leningrad with life size 3D reconstructions. Learn what were the historical precedents that started the War, what was Joseph Stalins role in defeating the Nazis, what battles had the most impact on the war and much more.
After visiting the inside of the museum you will be able to go outside and pay you respects to the victims of the War next to the monument The Tragedy of the People.
Continue to the open-air museum of war machines and marvel at the real weapons of the war. Explore the famous Soviet T-34 tank and Katyusha rocket launcher that were fundamental in defeating the Nazis. Take a picture next to fighter warplanes and battle-hardened ships including the British war plane Hawker Hurricane and the Soviet torpedo boat.
After the tour you will gain a much better understanding of the intricacies of the greatest War that humanity has ever seen and that fundamentally, it is the strive of the people and their beliefs that win wars rather than machines.
Inclusions for Moscow: Russia In World War II With Victory Park And Museum
- Metro Ticket
- All Entrance Fees (Victory Park and Museum)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Moscow: Russia In World War II With Victory Park And Museum
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Please indicate prefer start time in comments when booking
The tour can be modified to meet your preferences
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Moscow city tour onboard a classic soviet van
- Pub-crawl Moscow onboard a classic Soviet van!
- Moscow Private Night Tour
- Half Day Moscow 'Walk Like Locals' Private Walking Tour
- Full Day Moscow 'Walk Like Locals' Private Walking Tour
- VIP Golden Ring and Trinity Lavra All Inclusive Private Day Trip
- Golden Ring and Trinity Lavra Private Day Trip from Moscow
- Escape from the City: 9-Hour Golden Ring Private Tour