Moss Mansion Self-Guided Tour - Billings
OverviewVisit the historical Moss Mansion and get a sense of turn-of-the-century life as the prominent Moss family lived it. Explore the 1903 red sandstone structure at your own pace on a self-guided tour. You will be able to see original draperies, furniture, fixtures, carpets, and artifacts on display in this beautiful home. Docents share the family history and cultural significance of this influential family.
Know More about this tourThe Moss Mansion was built in 1903 by entrepreneur, Preston Boyd Moss and designed by New York architect, Janeway Hardenbergh, designer of the original Waldorf Astoria and Plaza hotels. The structure showcases inspired architecture, exquisite decor, and unrivaled craftsmanship. The mansion has graced the silver screen in period films such as Son of the Morning Star and Return to Lonesome Dove.
The youngest Moss daughter lived in the home until the 1980's. Today, visitors are in awe of the home's amenities which include heated indoor plumbing on each floor as well as a call button system for the servants. The Moss Mansion went on to greatly influence the culture of Billings, Montana.
On this self-guided tour, you can explore the beautiful home at your own pace. There are hosts stationed on each floor to answer your questions.
Inclusions for Moss Mansion Self-Guided Tour
- Entrance fees
- Tour escort/host
- Residential Parking Available
- Handicapped Accessible Restrooms
Exclusions for Moss Mansion Self-Guided Tour
- Gift and souvenir shopGuided Tours AvailableGroup Tours Available by Appointment
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
There are no elevators or lifts in the home. Wheelchairs have limited access to the first floor
Tours begin with a 13-minute video about the Moss family
Guided Tours Available as per Schedule
Group Tours Available by Appointment
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.