Mossman Gorge Dreamtime Walk And Low Isles Snorkeling And Sailing Cruise - Port DouglasWrite a Review
Experience two UNESCO World Heritagelisted natural wonders on a full-day tour that visits the Daintree Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef. Within Daintree National Park, tour Mossman Gorge with an Aboriginal guide who shares local indigenous culture with your small group limited to 15 people. In the afternoon, join a sailing cruise aboard a luxury catamaran with numbers limited to 33 adults, stopping at the Low Isles for a snorkeling or glass-bottom boat tour and time on the beach. Snacks, beer or wine, and round-trip hotel transportation included.
- Free snacks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup, travel by air-conditioned vehicle for 20 minutes to reach Mossman Gorge, situated within Daintree National Park. When you arrive at the UNESCO World Heritage site, receive a traditional welcome ceremony by your Kuku Yalanji hosts, then join an Aboriginal guide for a leisurely rainforest walk.
In your small group, listen to commentary on local Dreamtime stories that reveal the close relationship between the local indigenous people and the natural environment. Stroll along private walking trails to see traditional structures and learn which forest plants provide shelter, food and medicine. You may encounter plants used for soap and ochre paint, and wildlife such as the Boyd's forest dragon and Ulysses butterfly.
Wrap up your Dreamtime walk with a snack of homemade damper (bread cooked over a campfire) and bush tea. Then return to Port Douglas for your afternoon cruise to the Low Isles.
Step aboard a luxury catamaran with one of the only cruise operators permitted to stop at the coral cays of the Low Isles. Sit outdoors or indoors and nibble canapes with a glass or beer or wine as your boat sets sail. Numbers are limited to 33 adults, ensuring a more intimate cruise.
When you reach the Low Isles, enjoy several hours to do as much or as little as you like. You can learn about the Great Barrier Reef’s underwater world on a guided snorkeling tour led by a marine biologist or on a glass-bottom boat tour with expert commentary. Snorkeling from the beach is an easy option for new snorkelers who want to get comfortable with the equipment. Or, you can simply relax on the boat or white-sand beach.
Afternoon tea is served on the catamaran. As your boat returns to Port Douglas, catch a gorgeous sunset over the Coral Sea, depending on the season. Your tour ends in the evening with transport back to your hotel. Alternatively, you could have dinner in Port Douglas after disembarking, then make your own way to your hotel.
Inclusions for Mossman Gorge Dreamtime Walk And Low Isles Snorkeling And Sailing Cruise
- Dreamtime walk with Aboriginal guide
- Tea, coffee and snacks on arrival
- Guided snorkeling tour and equipment
- Glass-bottom boat tour
- Afternoon tea
- A glass of beer or wine, and canapes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Mossman Gorge Dreamtime Walk And Low Isles Snorkeling And Sailing Cruise
- Environmental Management Charge (EMC) AU$6.50 payable direct on the day of travel
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. A light jacket is recommended for cooler evenings
Minimum age is 12 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Sunset Sailing Cruise From Port Douglas
- Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas
- Afternoon Low Isles Snorkeling And Sailing Cruise From Port Douglas
- Outer Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling And Diving Cruise From Port Douglas
- Great Barrier Reef Scenic Helicopter Tour And Cruise From Port Douglas
- Low Isles Great Barrier Reef Sailing Cruise From Port Douglas
- Aquarius Luxury Sailing To Low Isles From Port Douglas
- Kuranda Scenic Railway Day Trip From Port Douglas
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Day Trip From Port Douglas