The Mostar in War Tour (1992 - 1995) is a historic and educating walking tour. The highlights of the tour include a walk in the former front line, personal stories from the war and a 10-minute film about the history of Mostar.
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tour
Mostar is the third city of Bosnia-Herzegovina. The Ottoman city grew around the famous bridge, and was expanded during the Austro-Hungarian period in a noble classical style. It became wealthy, with an economy based on high-technology, agro-industry and tourism. Its university and high schools were among the best in ex-Yugoslavia.
In the recent conflict (1992-1994) more than 5000 buildings were damaged in the inner city. Industry and infrastructure were devastated. About 2000 people were killed in Mostar and 26 000 persons were driven out as refugees. Institutions and lifestyle suffered even more than the buildings. The city was divided by ethnic cleansing into two parts (Croat and Muslim), separated by a 'confrontation line'.The European Union created an administration in Mostar immediately after the end of fighting (July 1994). The mandate lasts for two years. It is led by Mr. Hans Koschnick, formerly Mayor of Bremen, Germany.
This tour visits the following sites:- Spanish square
- Liska park - a local park which became cemetery where dead of both sides of conflict were burried.
- former shopping center "Hit"
- "Carinski most" bridge
- Main street
- "Sehitluci" - small cemetery congested with more than a 100 white-marble Muslim thombstones
- 10-minute film about the history of Mostar (before the war, during the war and after the war)
- Old Bridge
Inclusions for Mostar In War: Historical Walking Tour
- Professional authorized guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Mostar In War: Historical Walking Tour
- Lunch (optional)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Mostar Old Town Private Walking Tour
- Herzegovina Day Tour From Mostar And Sarajevo
- Mostar And Medjugorje Day Trip From Split Or Trogir
- Mostar Walking Tour: Orient In The West
- Herzegovina Classics In A Day Tour From Mostar
- Kravice Waterfalls, Počitelj Old Town And Blagaj Tekke Day Trip From Mostar
- Mostar Beer Tasting Tour
- Discover Herzegovina In A Day Tour From Mostar
- 10 Days Bosnia And Hercegovia Tour Package Plus Dubrovnik